why is evil so damned ugly?

Everywhere you see movies about satan and demons they are pictured as extremely UGLY! Why? Why is a different opinion other than god's so terrible and disgusting to look at?
Because you are viewing a picture and evil as defined by religion is "bad"-- this characteristic must therefore be manifestered on screen either through bad acts or bad/ugly images. It confuses when the conflicting sides share an image that is likable. In movies where the "bad guy" wins or the viewer roots for their victory, one can see that the image of said bad guy is more often than not, similar to that the good guy. In any case, it is a cultural thing and it is now an accepted and expected thing for evil to depicted as ugly/dark.

It's not.
I could tell you all a little story (or two or three come to think of it) but it would be kinda unethical so I'll just say;

I know evil and it looks like your brother, your neighbour and the kid you sat next to in school.

S'true.
Dee Cee

Everywhere you see movies about satan and demons they are pictured as extremely UGLY!
Except when Liz Hurley played Satan... Mmmmm...

thefountainhed: Because you are viewing a picture and evil as defined by religion is "bad"-- this characteristic must therefore be manifestered on screen either through bad acts or bad/ugly images.
M*W: ...OR... if you look real close, Christianity is the only evil in the universe!

because it's first name begins with an L, and it's last name ends in a T, the whole name has three O's, and one single E.

What a puzzle that is. Beats me. Anyway I'm not trying to defend the kind of evil that kills and destroys and is obviously something very bad. I'm just wondering about an innocent type of dissagreement that you may have with god. Like questioning his reason for doing things. Can you call that evil?

What a puzzle that is. Beats me. Anyway I'm not trying to defend the kind of evil that kills and destroys and is obviously something very bad. I'm just wondering about an innocent type of dissagreement that you may have with god. Like questioning his reason for doing things. Can you call that evil?
Nah, that's normal. "Israel" means "he struggled with God", doesn't it?

But evil is characterized by its results, and even the most petty evil can lead to vast amounts of suffering. In fact, it's usually the small sins that grab hold of you, because you can almost justify them. Evil always spirals out of control, no matter where it starts - or with whom.

Back