Why does Koran ask ALREADY BELIEVERS to believe in Allah?

surenderer said:
And you tell ME to think and make my own opinions :rolleyes:

So what is your THOUGHT about the translation of the kalimah at the above text?... and what do you think about my question at the beginning of this tread? :D

btw, thanks for your narrations about the word sufi, the same argument repeats in many places; but who told you that we are interested in its origin???

Sufi said:
btw, thanks for your narrations about the word sufi, the same argument repeats in many places; but who told you that we are interested in its origin???

Well Sufism itself is important because your very techings go against what the Prophet has taught..... The Sufis worship others than Allaah, such as Prophets and “awliya’” [“saints”], living or dead. They say, “Yaa Jeelaani”, “Yaa Rifaa’i” [calling on their awliya’], or “O Messenger of Allaah, help and save” or “O Messenger of Allaah, our dependence is on you”, etc.But Allaah forbids us to call on anyone except Him in matters that are beyond the person's capabilities. If a person does this, Allaah will count him as a mushrik, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And invoke not, besides Allaah, any that will neither profit you, nor hurt you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).” [Yoonus 10:106]

Plus Both the terms Sufi and Sufism and Sufi beliefs have no basis from the traditional Islamic sources of the Qur'an and Sunnah,(except what you make up) a fact even admitted by themselves. Rather, Sufism is in essence a conglomerate consisting of extracts from a multitude of other religions with which Sufi's interacted thus the term Islamic Mysticism :m:

Sufi said:
So what is your THOUGHT about the translation of the kalimah at the above text?... and what do you think about my question at the beginning of this tread? :D

Notice this:

[49.15] The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Apostle then they doubt not and struggle hard with their wealth and their lives in the way of Allah; they are the truthful ones

4.136] O you who believe! believe in Allah and His Apostle and the Book which He has revealed to His Apostle and the Book which He revealed before; and whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His apostles and the last day, he indeed strays off into a remote error.

Read the word yourself and dont let someone else translate it for you Sufi :cool:

surenderer said:
Well Sufism itself is important because your very techings go against what the Prophet has taught..... The Sufis worship others than Allaah, such as Prophets and “awliya’” [“saints”], living or dead. They say, “Yaa Jeelaani”, “Yaa Rifaa’i” [calling on their awliya’], or “O Messenger of Allaah, help and save” or “O Messenger of Allaah, our dependence is on you”, etc.But Allaah forbids us to call on anyone except Him in matters that are beyond the person's capabilities. If a person does this, Allaah will count him as a mushrik, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And invoke not, besides Allaah, any that will neither profit you, nor hurt you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).” [Yoonus 10:106]

Plus Both the terms Sufi and Sufism and Sufi beliefs have no basis from the traditional Islamic sources of the Qur'an and Sunnah,(except what you make up) a fact even admitted by themselves. Rather, Sufism is in essence a conglomerate consisting of extracts from a multitude of other religions with which Sufi's interacted thus the term Islamic Mysticism :m:

surrenderer,
Sufism is deep spiritual understanding of Islam. It is completely based on Qur'an and Sunnah. Not different, it is just DEEP and involves THOUGHT. Sufi authors such as Geylani, Rufai are welcomed and respected by all muslims in the world except wahhabis. I do not know who thaught those ideas to you. Yet, it is none of my business to correct your prejudice or false imaginations about it or Sufis. You need to make your own searches and find out the truth for yourself. However, you should know that if you are lying about them, or any muslim, it will be you only to suffer the consequences of your lies, not them.

Forget about my nickname, write about what I write only! Nicknames are just nicknames. You do not become a 'surrenderer' by nicknaming yourself 'surrenderer', do you? to surrender, one needs to learn first what is "Allah" as referred in the Koran, other than a god, and accept Allah's limitless oneness and aloneness. Otherwise, one will be face to face with the danger of wasting all his lifetime with an imagination of god in his mind which he called Allah by name, which he was preconditioned by his surroundings and education.

Unfotunately, most muslims today have an image of god-out-there in their minds, often a sky-god, which they call as Allah by name. They do not even bother to read, reflect and learn what "Allah" is as referred in the Koran and as different from their imagination. Look at the resistance of some muslims in this forum to go to read and learn beyond their imagination of god. They do anything other than reading and learning and discussing on the essence of matter.

You pasted the ayat: "The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Rasul..." How can one have an actual belief in Allah without having an actual belief in "Allah's Rasul"? Or should we just have an imagination of a God to believe who is beyond RasulAllah, far from him, above in the sky, etc, and believe in Him by naming that god in our imagination as "Allah"? We all have two choices: Either a limited "god" out there, beyond us, up in the sky? Or, "Allah" as one and alone, beside whom ther is nothing else. See how hard it is to have an actual belief in Allah, when remains no way other than complete surrenderance!

If we come to the point, my question was "Why does Koran ask ALREADY BELIEVERS OF GOD to believe in Allah?"

Last edited:
Sufi said:
surrenderer,
Sufism is deep spiritual understanding of Islam. It is completely based on Qur'an and Sunnah. Not different, it is just DEEP and involves THOUGHT. Sufi authors such as Geylani, Rufai are welcomed and respected by all muslims in the world except wahhabis. I do not know who thaught those ideas to you. Yet, it is none of my business to correct your prejudice or false imaginations about it or Sufis. You need to make your own searches and find out the truth for yourself. However, you should know that if you are lying about them, or any muslim, it will be you only to suffer the consequences of your lies, not them.

Forget about my nickname, write about what I write only! Nicknames are just nicknames. You do not become a 'surrenderer' by nicknaming yourself 'surrenderer', do you? to surrender, one needs to learn first what is "Allah" as referred in the Koran, other than a god, and accept Allah's limitless oneness and aloneness. Otherwise, one will be face to face with the danger of wasting all his lifetime with an imagination of god in his mind which he called Allah by name, which he was preconditioned by his surroundings and education.

Unfotunately, most muslims today have an image of god-out-there in their minds, often a sky-god, which they call as Allah by name. They do not even bother to read, reflect and learn what "Allah" is as referred in the Koran and as different from their imagination. Look at the resistance of some muslims in this forum to go to read and learn beyond their imagination of god. They do anything other than reading and learning and discussing on the essence of matter.

You pasted the ayat: "The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Rasul..." How can one have an actual belief in Allah without having an actual belief in "Allah's Rasul"? Or should we just have an imagination of a God to believe who is beyond RasulAllah, far from him, above in the sky, etc, and believe in Him by naming that god in our imagination as "Allah"? We all have two choices: Either a limited "god" out there, beyond us, up in the sky? Or, "Allah" as one and alone, beside whom ther is nothing else. See how hard it is to have an actual belief in Allah, when remains no way other than complete surrenderance!

If we come to the point, my question was "Why does Koran ask ALREADY BELIEVERS OF GOD to believe in Allah?"

Sufi some things we agree upon and some things we dont (its not about your name but Sufism in general)... remember that God says:

):“… and be not of al-mushrikoon (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah, polytheists, idolaters, etc), of those who split up their religion (i.e., who left the true Islamic monotheism), and became sects, [i.e., they invented new things in the religion (bid’ah) and followed their vain desires], each sect rejoicing in that which is with it.” [al-Room 30:31-32]

Now are you really saying that you are teaching what the Prophet(pbuh) taught?I dont know any muslim that worships a "God in the Sky" true Muslims know that God is closer to them than their jugular vein:

And certainly We created man, and We know what his mind suggests to him, and We are nearer to him than his life-vein. (50.16)

Why does Koran ask ALREADY BELIEVERS OF GOD to believe in Allah?"[/QUOTE

Your gonna have to show me where the Koran says this.....I know of where the Koran says "O you who believe........" but not "Believers in God believe in God" so please give me Surah and Ayat :m:

Sufi said:
The Koran asks believers (not others) particularly to believe in Allah so many times by saying "Oh you the BELIEVERS, believe in ALLAH" (Ya ayyhuhalladhina amanu amanubillahi.)

If it were OK to believe in a GOD, and if there were no difference between believing in a God and in Allah, would then the Koran ask BELIEVERS of God to believe in ALLAH?

Does it require a shift in our minds?

As I said before you should insert the verse.

Here it is:

004.AN-NISA (WOMEN)
verse.136

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far astray.

PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His messenger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His messenger, and the Scripture which He revealed aforetime. Whoso disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray.

SHAKIR: O you who believe! believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Book which He has revealed to His Messenger and the Book which He revealed before; and whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His messengers and the last day, he indeed strays off into a remote error.

So Allah is asking the believers to believe in Allah, His messengers and His book. HAve you ever seen this verse or did you just copy the part that ahmed baki did use.

Give your sources!!

:m:

Sufi said:
The Koran asks believers (not others) particularly to believe in Allah so many times by saying "Oh you the BELIEVERS, believe in ALLAH" (Ya ayyhuhalladhina amanu amanubillahi.)

If it were OK to believe in a GOD, and if there were no difference between believing in a God and in Allah, would then the Koran ask BELIEVERS of God to believe in ALLAH?

Does it require a shift in our minds?

Sufi I am reading the koran right now ..and somehow...when I keep reading "Oh you the believers" I intrepret it as the believers whom follow Allah..its not a question.....it is a declaritive statement identifying followers of Allah as "You the Believers.".....

Back