Why does Koran ask ALREADY BELIEVERS to believe in Allah?

Sufi

Registered Senior Member
Why does Koran ask the BELIEVERS OF GOD to believe in Allah?

The Koran asks believers (not others) particularly to believe in Allah so many times by saying "Oh you the BELIEVERS, believe in ALLAH" (Ya ayyhuhalladhina amanu amanubillahi.)

If it were OK to believe in a GOD, and if there were no difference between believing in a God and in Allah, would then the Koran ask BELIEVERS of God to believe in ALLAH?

Does it require a shift in our minds?

Last edited:
Bruce Wayne said:
Sufi, will you never learn?? :(

When saying the Qur'an says ".." you should give the reference.

:m:

What about if we learn that others do not need to act according to our conditionings and standards of judgments?

Try to think and reflect upon the Quran signs instead of seeking their numbers to obey your conditionings. Or if you are too curious, make your own researches. :D

How is the Judaeo-Christian scripture any different?

First Commandment: I am the Lord your God, thou shalt have no other gods before me

In Leviticus, every time God handed a law down, he "signed" it by saying "I am the LORD" or "I am the LORD your God."

The faith in GOD has many many directions.
Islamic direction, christian direction, judaism direction and Buddhism direction and other religious direction.

All this religions believe in GOD.

so the followers of all these religions are "believers"

but, Islamic GOD is "ALLAH", christian GOD is "Jesus" and the Buddhism GOD is "Buddha".

So, when ALLAH order the believers to believe in ALLAH, that means that he is ordering all believers that believe in GOD according to that religion, to believe that ALLAH is the GOD,, not jesus or buddha or anyone else.

hope u can get what i mean.

Thank u

Hadeka.

Sufi said:
What about if we learn that others do not need to act according to our conditionings and standards of judgments?

This is so right on the money regarding what I and many others perceive as the problem with religious dogma. My hat's off to you.

Silas said:
First Commandment: I am the Lord your God, thou shalt have no other gods before me
"

No! Instead: "... thou shalt have NO GODS before me...

If Allah were a god then why should it ask the believers of god to believe in god? that would be meaningless.

I think we need to UNPLUG from the idea of god in order to understand that Koran sign?

Hadeka said:
that means that he is ordering all believers that believe in GOD according to that religion, to believe that ALLAH is the GOD....

Hadeka.

So the sign becomes: "Oh believers of god, believe in god".

It sounds like "oh the forum participants, participate in the forum".

I think we need to go beyond the idea of god to solve this sign. Becasue the basic principle of Islam also indicates that Alah is not a god that is worshipped. "la ilaha ill-allah": there is no god, only Allah.

it is : " Oh believers of GOD, believe in ALLAH".

because as i said the difference between muslims eand christians and buddists for example that ,,,in christianty, god is jesus, in buddhism god is buddha, and in islam, god is ALLAH ,,, so the quran want us to believe in ALLAH as a god ,,not jesus or buddha for example

Sufi said:

I think we need to go beyond the idea of god to solve this sign. Becasue the basic principle of Islam also indicates that Alah is not a god that is worshipped. "la ilaha ill-allah": there is no god, only Allah.

It also sounds like "oh the forum participants, really participate in the forum"

It also sounds like "oh the forum participants, continue to participate in the forum"

Hadeka: The faith in GOD has many many directions. Islamic direction, christian direction, judaism direction and Buddhism direction and other religious direction.

All this religions believe in GOD.

so the followers of all these religions are "believers"

but, Islamic GOD is "ALLAH", christian GOD is "Jesus" and the Buddhism GOD is "Buddha".

So, when ALLAH order the believers to believe in ALLAH, that means that he is ordering all believers that believe in GOD according to that religion, to believe that ALLAH is the GOD,, not jesus or buddha or anyone else.

hope u can get what i mean.

Thank u
M*W: Hadeka, welcome to the wonderful and sometimes bizarre world of sciforums!

I agree with your statement. Al-lah is no different that the El-loh of the creation story. They are one and the same. The name "God" is most confusing. It's actually a bastardization of the word "good" just as in "good-bye" (God be with ye). If I believed in a creator god(s) I would believe in El or Al. But, since I don't any longer (thanks to the wonderful education I've acquired on sciforums!), I now believe that creation is God and that Humanity rules creation.

From the recent research I've been doing, I am starting to believe that all religion is nothing but myth including the one-god myth that arose out of Egypt with Moses. Why people STILL believe in myths, I don't know. I guess humans have their mental weaknesses just like the lower animals. I suppose when we understand the common denominator of all myth, we will realize that the only god there ever was was the Sun. The heat of hell where early man feared to go. Struck blind if we look straight into it! The face of God that no man can see! Until we as more advanced humans (hah!) understand that all we worshipped in the beginning was the elements, we will come to realize that we are the closest thing to a true God. Forget Jesus. That's just a fairy tale that's gone on too long. It still dumbfounds me that intelligent people STILL believe in a dying demigod savior. Who needs it? That's preposterous! It's Pagan! Paganism, however, is to be reasoned with. Paganism is the closest thing to element worship and worship of creation, including humanity.

I've digressed, but hell, it's Friday. Have a good one!

Sufi said:

Try to think and reflect upon the Quran signs instead of seeking their numbers to obey your conditionings. Or if you are too curious, make your own researches

If it's too hard to give a Quranic reference so that non-Muslims who might have an interest in such a discussion have an easier task ahead of them than trying to pick words like "believers" and "Allah" out of Google, there's not much else to say.

If you want people's opinions, you ought to try courtesy on this point.

A literary example: In Steven Brust's Lord of Castle Black, the second installation of what turns out to be the third installation of the Khaavren Romances (which started as a play on Dumas), it appears that the author, in full glory of fictitious voice, finally takes his publishers to task for various typesetting issues. He even refers at one point to the first book in the cycle, and the difference between "not" and "now". Were I to ask people's opinions on how much this changes their view of the narration, ought I not at least help those who might be interested in such literary discussions by pointing out a page number, or at least repeating the narrator's chapter reference within a specific volume? Or, to be more specific, do you think the publisher's use of "not" instead of "now" affects the outcome of either the story itself or the principles of its characters? And to be even more specific than that, how could you possibly offer an opinion without knowing more about that portion of the narrative and what it signifies? As to the event itself, I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world. As to the narrative and the longer effect? "Not" shows a certain consistency, and "now" allows for growth of character. Anyone is free to agree or disagree with me as to the effect of "not" or "now", but I doubt anyone's going to go scrambling to a bookstore in order to figure out which is the first Khaavren Romance, or to pore through the fifth volume (actually, volume 3 part 2, but who's counting?) in order to know what I'm talking about. It is much easier for all involved if someone just asks me for a couple page numbers or a contextual clarification and I cough them up.

In the meantime, as you can see, people will speculate all they want regardless of their familiarity or lack thereof with the contents of the Quran.

If your task is to alienate the Quran, you do well on this occasion. If you hope to enlighten, some of that responsibility to be enlightening does actually fall on you.

Sufi said:

You know Sufi it's not right to be misinterpeting God's word knowingly to fit your point:

'*La ilaha illallah Muhammadur Rasulallah*'
[There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah]

If you know Arabic then you know you are lying about your translation of the Shahada....and if you dont then you should learn before you bring your "spin" to non-muslims

Hey buddha is not God, he is a teacher teaching others the way of enlightenment. In which he has become enlightened. Buddhism is not similar to christianity, Islam, and Judaiasm, in which they have gods. Buddhism can have gods because it can be part of another religion, it mixes in with other religions that have gods.

Buddhism is a way to get enlightened, I think you guys don't know anything about buddhism.

Christianity, Judaiasm and Islam came from the same region where Buddhism did not.

Just wanted to inform you.
sorry about spelling errors.

Medicine Woman said:
Al-lah is no different that the El-loh of the creation story. They are one and the same. The name "God" is most confusing. It's actually a bastardization of the word "good" just as in "good-bye" (God be with ye). If I believed in a creator god(s) I would believe in El or Al. But, since I don't any longer (thanks to the wonderful education I've acquired on sciforums!), I now believe that creation is God and that Humanity rules creation.

From the recent research I've been doing, I am starting to believe that all religion is nothing but myth including the one-god myth that arose out of Egypt with Moses.

For ages and ages mankind has lived with an inner yearning for worshipping some beings at a degree that his understanding allowed him, along with an expectation of finding favor in some entities and taking refugee in some places, as he found himself powerless to defeat many phenomena that surrounded him.

Such modes of his inclination as worshipping, seeking favor or wishing success have finally led man to lean towards various beings in a fictitious expectation for his wishes being granted.

Under the influence of such inclinations, people began to define many exterior objects as gods, whom they ascribed the power and capability to meet their expectations and wishes. Thus, mankind has entered an era of "worshipping gods."

Defining his gods to be worshipped first among things on earth, man was inclined to worship either minerals or plants, or animals.

Far later in the process, man realized that those beings dwelling on earth were as mortal as they were, and that they could not be gods at all. It was the prophets who brought them to this understanding through their warnings that such beings dwelling on earth could never be gods.

Mankind then abandoned worshipping his accustomed deities. But unfortunately, they then turned their eyes up to the sky to other beings to accept as gods, and so they began worshipping various stars.

Whatever phenomena came into the life of man that he could not figure out the nature of the mystery and he could not overcome, has remained as a product of an unknown authority for him. Thus, an image of god was created and acknowledged as the unknown authority.

Actually, the acceptance of a god whether in heaven or on earth, is nothing other than a hypothetical assumption completely contrasting the contemporary scientific data.

In parallel, such an assumption that contradicts the scientific reality is rejected by the Koran through the statement known as the Word of Oneness (Kalimat-it tawhid) that says: "There is no god."

Because of worshipping fire or stars since his early ages, mankind has literally doomed himself in cocoons of his hypothetical god conceptions for centuries; and spent his life as conditioned by his surroundings with such preconceptions in the absence of analysis and questioning. Day by day making these cocoons thicker, harder and impossible to get out of, man finally became a slave to the gods that he created, and so had to content himself with it.

for more --> MOHAMMED'S ALLAH

surenderer said:
You know Sufi it's not right to be misinterpeting God's word knowingly to fit your point:

'*La ilaha illallah Muhammadur Rasulallah*'
[There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah]

If you know Arabic then you know you are lying about your translation of the Shahada....and if you dont then you should learn before you bring your "spin" to non-muslims

I suggest you not to grow up to become one who memorizes, repeats as a conformist. Because, regardless of the title that they bear, there is a serious error that some people, who approach to religion through memorization without an effective thought (tafaqqur), fall into. Because of interpreting the message "La ilaha ill-Allah" through the application of customary translation methods in the Arabic language, they result in a serious mistake.

Therefore, just THINK and make your own opinion.

The following text will help you to REFLECT on the meaning of La ilaha ill-Allah, if you are open to learn:

The meaning of the statement "La ilaha ill-Allah" constitutes the basis of Islam.

"La ilaha ill-Allah" can be interpreted simply as; "there is no god, there is only ALLAH."

If we analyze the meaning of each word:

La ilaha: "La" means "there is no"; "ilah" means "god," that is "a being to be worshipped." Hence, "la ilaha" means "there is no being to be worshipped."

Now, let us pay attention to this fact at this point: The "Word of Oneness" begins with "La ilaha" and so, a definite degree is emphasized right in the beginning: "There is no being to be worshipped" (LA ILAHA)

Then, ill-Allah follows as an explanation: "illa" meaning "only," "ALLAH." It does not even say "there is ALLAH"; it simply says "only ALLAH."

There is an extremely significant point that should be mentioned in particular, now.

Regardless of the title that they bear, there is a serious error that some people, who approach to religion through memorization without an effective thought (tafaqqur), fall into.

Because of interpreting the message "La ilaha ill-Allah" through the application of customary translation methods in the Arabic language, they result in a serious mistake.

It is such that:

For instance, if the statement is "La rajula illa Ali,", it might be translated as "there is no man but Ali" or, "there is not such a man as Ali" or else, "there is no one as Ali as a man" ["illa" suggesting a comparison between Ali and an existence besides Ali].

However, when used in association with the word "ALLAH," "illa" can never be interpreted as "there is no god such as ALLAH . . . that which suggests a separate existence besides ALLAH in comparison with HU, as if "there is another god -ilah, but it never matches ALLAH."

It is necessary to understand the following point clearly, as well:

As the word "kana" in Arabic —which means "was"— loses its common meaning when it is associated with the word "ALLAH" and is understood as "IS" in its simple present tense form, the same way the word "illa," too, exceeds its message in customary usage and is understood as "ONLY."

Let us now give an example to mention the word "kana":

Since the qualities denoted by the noun "ALLAH" are free from being restricted within the past time passages, we can never translate the statement "kana-ALLAHu Gafur’ur Rahiyma" in the way as "ALLAH WAS Gafur (Forgiving) and Rahiym (Merciful) [in the past]." The same way, the word "illa" in "illa-ALLAH," must only be interpreted and understood as "ONLY," but neither as "other" nor "but!"

Because, the qualities of the being denoted by the noun "ALLAH", not only decline the recognition of an existence apart from HU, but the consideration of any other being beside HU, either!

For these reasons, if such words as "illa", "kana" and the like, which refer to a conception of time or place, were encountered as in association with the name "ALLAH," they should be understood connected with the meaning that the name "ALLAH" refers to, and they should not be taken as what is understood form their customary usage.

Unless this is applied properly, the interpreted concept will come out to be a GOD-out-there, that is an ILAH concept beyond us and even beyond the universe.

Taking this fact into consideration, if we focus our attention in grasping this point truly, we will see that:

"There is no god to be worshipped, only ALLAH is!"

for more--> MOHAMMED'S ALLAH

Hadeka said:
it is : " Oh believers of GOD, believe in ALLAH".

because as i said the difference between muslims eand christians and buddists for example that ,,,in christianty, god is jesus, in buddhism god is buddha, and in islam, god is ALLAH ,,, so the quran want us to believe in ALLAH as a god ,,not jesus or buddha for example

clear and very sweet. :)
So, what can be the purpose in it, considering that Mohammed (pbuh) confirmed all the Rasuls and their scriptures prior to him?

everneo said:
It also sounds like "oh the forum participants, really participate in the forum"

It also sounds like "oh the forum participants, continue to participate in the forum"

Also clear and very sweet, everneo! :)

You know, after so long, I noticed in most messages that, most of us are preconditioned to "separate" rather than "unify" and therefore we resist to allow the fact that all Rasuls and Nabis confirmed each other and tried to give the same essential message to whole mankind, that is the reality of life that we live.

I wonder if we can ever give up our preconditioning and standards of judgment that religions are what people interpreted of Rasul's and Nabi's teachings... but consider religion as simply the teachings of those spritual masters who confirmed aech other... and come to try to find the common points and unify rather than separate?...

(I still know those who are here to "separate" will not welcome my words, and will jump to react!) :D

Sufi said:
I suggest you not to grow up to become one who memorizes, repeats as a conformist. Because, regardless of the title that they bear, there is a serious error that some people, who approach to religion through memorization without an effective thought (tafaqqur), fall into. Because of interpreting the message "La ilaha ill-Allah" through the application of customary translation methods in the Arabic language, they result in a serious mistake.

Therefore, just THINK and make your own opinion.

The following text will help you to REFLECT on the meaning of La ilaha ill-Allah, if you are open to learn:

The meaning of the statement "La ilaha ill-Allah" constitutes the basis of Islam.

"La ilaha ill-Allah" can be interpreted simply as; "there is no god, there is only ALLAH."

If we analyze the meaning of each word:

La ilaha: "La" means "there is no"; "ilah" means "god," that is "a being to be worshipped." Hence, "la ilaha" means "there is no being to be worshipped."

Now, let us pay attention to this fact at this point: The "Word of Oneness" begins with "La ilaha" and so, a definite degree is emphasized right in the beginning: "There is no being to be worshipped" (LA ILAHA)

Then, ill-Allah follows as an explanation: "illa" meaning "only," "ALLAH." It does not even say "there is ALLAH"; it simply says "only ALLAH."

There is an extremely significant point that should be mentioned in particular, now.

Regardless of the title that they bear, there is a serious error that some people, who approach to religion through memorization without an effective thought (tafaqqur), fall into.

Because of interpreting the message "La ilaha ill-Allah" through the application of customary translation methods in the Arabic language, they result in a serious mistake.

It is such that:

For instance, if the statement is "La rajula illa Ali,", it might be translated as "there is no man but Ali" or, "there is not such a man as Ali" or else, "there is no one as Ali as a man" ["illa" suggesting a comparison between Ali and an existence besides Ali].

However, when used in association with the word "ALLAH," "illa" can never be interpreted as "there is no god such as ALLAH . . . that which suggests a separate existence besides ALLAH in comparison with HU, as if "there is another god -ilah, but it never matches ALLAH."

It is necessary to understand the following point clearly, as well:

As the word "kana" in Arabic —which means "was"— loses its common meaning when it is associated with the word "ALLAH" and is understood as "IS" in its simple present tense form, the same way the word "illa," too, exceeds its message in customary usage and is understood as "ONLY."

Let us now give an example to mention the word "kana":

Since the qualities denoted by the noun "ALLAH" are free from being restricted within the past time passages, we can never translate the statement "kana-ALLAHu Gafur’ur Rahiyma" in the way as "ALLAH WAS Gafur (Forgiving) and Rahiym (Merciful) [in the past]." The same way, the word "illa" in "illa-ALLAH," must only be interpreted and understood as "ONLY," but neither as "other" nor "but!"

Because, the qualities of the being denoted by the noun "ALLAH", not only decline the recognition of an existence apart from HU, but the consideration of any other being beside HU, either!

For these reasons, if such words as "illa", "kana" and the like, which refer to a conception of time or place, were encountered as in association with the name "ALLAH," they should be understood connected with the meaning that the name "ALLAH" refers to, and they should not be taken as what is understood form their customary usage.

Unless this is applied properly, the interpreted concept will come out to be a GOD-out-there, that is an ILAH concept beyond us and even beyond the universe.

Taking this fact into consideration, if we focus our attention in grasping this point truly, we will see that:

"There is no god to be worshipped, only ALLAH is!"

for more--> MOHAMMED'S ALLAH

Cute Sufi I see once again your are "playing to the crowd" I notice once again you refuse to answer wether or not you know Arabic.....again I challenge you on this because If you know anything about Arabic (you can type the word "but" in any Arabic-English dictionary) the word "but" doesnt translate into English. You are the one being misled by the constant cut-and-paste websites and books you constantly link to your misleading Babble. What you say goes against the Prophet(pbuh) because The word “Sufism” was not known at the time of the Messenger or the Sahaabah (companions) or the Taabi’een (Companions of the Companions of the Prophet). It arose at the time when a group of ascetics who wore wool (“soof”) emerged, and this name was given to them. It was also said that the name was taken from the word “soofiya” (“sophia”) which means “wisdom” in Greek. The word is not derived from al-safa’ (“purity”) as some of them claim, because the adjective derived from safa’ is safaa’i, not soofi (sufi). The emergence of this new name and the group to whom it is applied exacerbated the divisions among Muslims.

Oh yea Sufi and I am more interested in how you feel about things not an argument you can cut-and-paste

javascript:new_window('allah04.htm') (go to the website he posted and click on word of oneness)

And you tell ME to think and make my own opinions :rolleyes:

Back