Why do you believe in God?

Matnay,

Well, I have to retire for the evening, but until tomorrow, I'll leave you with this.

There is more evidence that extraterrestials are real and have visited this planet, than there is that the Biblical God is anything more than mythology.

Until tomorrow.

Originally posted by VRob
Matnay,

Well, I have to retire for the evening, but until tomorrow, I'll leave you with this.

There is more evidence that extraterrestials are real and have visited this planet, than there is that the Biblical God is anything more than mythology.

Until tomorrow.

There is more or the equal amount of evidence as anything rather than that the biblical god is anything more than mythology...

...because of course there isn't even the wildest dream of evidence.

Originally posted by matnay
To any theist out there, please list your major reason(s) for believing that your religion is the truth. Try to keep the reasons short and only list the major ones that remove all doubt for you.

I'm very curious about this because religion has somehow managed to have a very long life. It's astounding to me that anyone faced with modern science and knowledge could possibly continue to take religion seriously. So I wonder what goes on in the mind of the theists here who continue to believe.

Matnay - if you so wish, I could tell you literally over 100 pages from memory of the reasonings behind the creation of religion and why it has sustained...

...and it's most highly probably history from now into the future.

Matnay,
Until tomorrow.
Show us your picture of an alien that is more credible than the one I showed you of Mary on top of the church. There is none and when you look deeper the whole alien movement is influenced by demons. Compare this story of the false Prophet with the men in black seen sometimes by Alien abductees. http://sfamds.com/journals/demop1.htm Other sexual abductions by aliens sound famaliar with succubi accounts.

Originally posted by okinrus
Show us your picture of an alien that is more credible than the one I showed you of Mary on top of the church. There is none and when you look deeper the whole alien movement is influenced by demons. Compare this story of the false Prophet with the men in black seen sometimes by Alien abductees. http://sfamds.com/journals/demop1.htm Other sexual abductions by aliens sound famaliar with succubi accounts.

It seems to me that your disbelief of aliens is fueled solely by your belief in your religion. That's a bold move to automatically disbelieve one thing(aliens) simply because it conflicts with something previously believed(God). Therefore you must have complete trust in your original belief, and you must have extremely good reason to believe in this religion. So... I'm sure you can easily come up with a list of reasons(as per the original topic) why you believe so strongely in your religion. Where are the strongholds in your reasoning? What seals the deal for you? What makes your belief different from all opposing beliefs?

Originally posted by okinrus

Well, I've never seen your photo. But, why should a photo prove anything?

I could show you a thousand photo's of UFO's, and/or Aliens but that certainly hasn't proven the UFO theory to be true.

Back