Why do so many Christians seek to convert scientists?

GhostofMaxwell.

Banned
Banned
This site seems choked full with Christians trying to spread their word(I havn't noticed any other religions doing so, but I may have missed that) to the scientific minded. How do they hope to achieve this? to me this would seem like trying to convert the pharos to caveman methods.

This site seems choked full with Christians trying to spread their word(I havn't noticed any other religions doing so, but I may have missed that) to the scientific minded. How do they hope to achieve this? to me this would seem like trying to convert the pharos to caveman methods.

Islam is the Way, the Light and the Truth.

Keep the faith, brother.:worship:

;)

Duuuuh...because convincing imbeciles and retards is just too easy.
Not enough of a challenge.

Also, it would lend credence to their delusions if the opposite camp succumbed to the same weakness.

So do they have some sort of order from the church to pick on scientists then?
since the begining of these forums not one scientist has converted, but I believe 40/50 have converted to atheism, maybe more.
the only reason, I can see that the religious like to come here, is not to convert, as they know after a couple of posts, that they are floging a dead horse, so it can only be to feel intelligent, you know as well as I, that the are vastly lacking in the grey matter you've only to read some of there post to gather that.

Has a scientist ever been converted?? I just figured they were believers who became scientists not the other way around.

Not so much "convert" as hope that there'll be some scientific evidence for their beliefs.
They're looking for back-up.
Which is quite amusing considering how much they're capable of dismissing as "non-applicable nonsense" when they come across something that disproves whatever point they're trying to make.

Not so much "convert" as hope that there'll be some scientific evidence for their beliefs.
They're looking for back-up.
Which is quite amusing considering how much they're capable of dismissing as "non-applicable nonsense" when they come across something that disproves whatever point they're trying to make.

I actually think their motive is to convert people to give up a life of standards, precision and scrutiny and generally stop using their brain by using bribery and Coersion such as heaven and hell . And I actually think they believe they can succeed.

I actually think their motive is to convert people to give up a life of standards, precision and scrutiny and generally stop using their brain by using bribery and Coersion such as heaven and hell . And I actually think they believe they can succeed.

Maybe the newer ones - the long-termers have learnt better.

Interesting. I see it the other way around ...there are many more people here who are trying to convince everyone that there's no god, and that religious beliefs and faith is wrong.

Where and how do you see Christians trying to convert anyone?

Baron Max

Interesting. I see it the other way around ...there are many more people here who are trying to convince everyone that there's no god, and that religious beliefs and faith is wrong.

The word "convert" carries with it a connotation of opinion and a change in it. I strongly denounce conversion altogether, and instead advocate a change due to an increased awareness of facts, not opinions. In that sense, you are very correct in saying "convince".

Last edited:

They think that scientists are the pinnacle of modern evil. Without them, the humanists and homosexuals and baby killers wouldn't be able to do their jobs.

Where and how do you see Christians trying to convert anyone?

Baron Max

But scientists are not permeating a religous site though are they? Sciforums .com sounded like a science site when I joined last week?

The word "convert" carries with it a connotation of opinion and a change in it. I strongly denounce conversion altogether, and instead advocate a change due to an increased awareness of facts, not opinions. In that sense, you are very correct in saying "convince".

:bravo: :bravo:

Back