Why did God say: Let us give Satan to mankind?

Greatest I am

Valued Senior Member

God created Eden as his heaven on Earth so that he could, some day come down and rule over us.

He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did.

Why would a good God curse the Earth by sending Satan, the personification of evil, to Earth?

Regards
DL

God created Eden as his heaven on Earth so that he could, some day come down and rule over us.

He cast Satan out of heaven. I guess because she was creating a huge division there, and decided to send her to Earth, to also create division here, which she did.

Why would a good God curse the Earth by sending Satan, the personification of evil, to Earth?

Regards
DL

Don't ask us , ask Him

Last edited by a moderator:
This person is obsessed with attacking her idea of the beliefs of the Semitic religions, so I don't see much point in engaging with her.

However, for any other passers-by reading this, it seems to me the idea of evil, personified by Satan, is an entirely natural element of any theology.

GIA obviously doesn't know her bible. The whole point of the Genesis allegory is to do with free will and Man's tendency to choose evil rather than good - what has come to be known in Christianity as Original Sin. The issue of why Man has been given free will and thus can choose evil is something that is dealt with in any decent Sunday school class.

In cases like this I tend to turn to the great expert on such philosophical Questions

Charlie Harper of Two and half Men

As he cast her out Archangel (Alan Harper) asked why he was doing that

Paraphrase

Believe me for every hot chick out there some guy is pissed off with putting up with her whining

Hence Earth gets the task

:)

Don't ask us , ask Him

He is not speaking these days.

Thanks for your opinion.

Regards
DL

This person is obsessed with attacking her idea of the beliefs of the Semitic religions, so I don't see much point in engaging with her.

However, for any other passers-by reading this, it seems to me the idea of evil, personified by Satan, is an entirely natural element of any theology.

GIA obviously doesn't know her bible. The whole point of the Genesis allegory is to do with free will and Man's tendency to choose evil rather than good - what has come to be known in Christianity as Original Sin. The issue of why Man has been given free will and thus can choose evil is something that is dealt with in any decent Sunday school class.

This makes some sense but ignores that we cannot choose to do evil all the time and must do it to survive. We cannot hep buy either cooperate, and do good, or compete and do evil.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

You say I do not know the bible but I know it enough to know that the original Jewish view of their myth was that Eden was our place of elevation, not the fall that Christianity stupidly saw in it when they usurped the Jewish God.

Seems that your the one who does not know his bible.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:
He is not speaking these days.

One's inability to hear does not preclude the fact that someone else is speaking.

This makes some sense but ignores that we cannot choose to do evil all the time and must do it to survive. We cannot hep buy either cooperate, and do good, or compete and do evil.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

You say I do not know the bible but I know it enough to know that the original Jewish view of their myth was that Eden was our place of elevation, not the fall that Christianity stupidly saw in it when they usurped the Jewish God.

Seems that your the one who does not know his bible.

Regards
DL

Without knowledge of Good and Evil (which was bestowed by the fruit of the tree - prior to eating from it, they did not know the difference), can one say that Eve had a "desire" to eat a forbidden fruit?

Genesis 3 said:
1The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the LORD God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?”

2“Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied. 3“It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’”

4“You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. 5“God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.”

6The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too. 7At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves.

To me, one cannot say Eve did this out of malice or defiance, but rather ignorance.

If anything, the only culpability God has in that would be not explaining WHY not to eat from the tree... which, one can make the argument, would not have helped as they would not have understood; think of it much the same as a parent trying to tell a four year old not to touch the stove because it is hot - until the child is burned at least once, they do not really understand.

A) GOD needs no personal pronoun. Eschew it!

B) GOD has one really peculiar sense of humor. Enjoy it.

One's inability to hear does not preclude the fact that someone else is speaking.

Without knowledge of Good and Evil (which was bestowed by the fruit of the tree - prior to eating from it, they did not know the difference), can one say that Eve had a "desire" to eat a forbidden fruit?

To me, one cannot say Eve did this out of malice or defiance, but rather ignorance.

If anything, the only culpability God has in that would be not explaining WHY not to eat from the tree... which, one can make the argument, would not have helped as they would not have understood; think of it much the same as a parent trying to tell a four year old not to touch the stove because it is hot - until the child is burned at least once, they do not really understand.

Well exactly. As you point out, it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. A child does not know the difference: moral sense is something that develops as we grow up.

Adam and Eve, according to the story, were innocent and lost their innocence - illustrated by the image of them looking for fig leaves to hide their nakedness.

The allegory seems to me to be a primitive people's rather acute and poetic depiction of whatever it was or is that makes Man, unlike the other animals, morally responsible and yet with a tendency to moral weakness.

Later commentators have acknowledged the bittersweet character of this first disobedient act and its consequences. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_culpa

Last edited:

Maybe God . . .

- miss-spoke
- was translated incorrectly
- was having a bad day, maybe after that long week of creation
- he didn't want Satan any more
- he thought it would be a funny gift
- he tried but wasn't able to sell Satan so he decided to give him away
- Satan wanted to be with mankind because he was bored to tears
- his angels voted and the majority wanted to give Satan the boot
- mankind asked for him by name

A four year old can understand levels of heat if the parent takes the time to teach it.

There is no good excuse for keeping mankind (adam) too stupid to even know how to reproduce.

The motivation for Eve is spelled out in scriptures. Wisdom was sought and knowledge required to gain it.

Regards
DL

Because Satan is the one and only Hate. He's not evil, but he suffers a lot, and he's hellish.

Regards
DL
Maybe Satan is not the personification of evil.

Ask yourself, what was satan's great sin that made GOD deny satan the privilege of being in GOD;s company.

Back