Why Can't Science Identify This Dragonfly-like Insect Emitting Strange Substance?

That's probably a female tail-end. It's only the male that has the clasper for holding on to the female when mating.

So the horseshoe track was made by this:

dragonfly-genitalia.jpg

Male.

Imagine it upright with the tail curled forward under it. It would look like this moving in the direction of the prongs.

attachment.php

No image showing.
Are these crypto-images?

Remember you said earlier:
It can't use it's legs as efficiently because of it's great size. The chitin exoskeleton wouldn't allow for the flexibility needed. The legs contain the specialized trachea tubes.

So it can't use its legs because of a problem with flexibility, yet it can fly to Africa.

No image showing.
Are these crypto-images?

Remember you said earlier:
It can't use it's legs as efficiently because of it's great size. The chitin exoskeleton wouldn't allow for the flexibility needed. The legs contain the specialized trachea tubes.

So it can't use its legs because of a problem with flexibility, yet it can fly to Africa.

I've uploaded the image as a thumbnail.

View attachment 6642

The females FLY to Africa. The males stay behind and fight for territory. Injured and exhausted males sometimes run out of energy to fly to their den or are displaced. They hop instead on their clasper aided by their wings and air-propulsion.

Another question.
How does this giant insect obtain enough oxygen to function?
The reason why giant insects were possible in Carboniferous and Permian times was that the amount of oxygen in the air was over 30%.
Now it is just over 20%.

Another question.
How does this giant insect obtain enough oxygen to function?
The reason why giant insects were possible in Carboniferous and Permian times was that the amount of oxygen in the air was over 30%.
Now it is just over 20%.
They store blood from prey in their thick veined wings. They also evolved all-the-way-though trachea tubes for additional oxygen uptake and ultra efficient flight air-propulsion.

They store blood from prey in their thick veined wings. They also evolved all-the-way-though trachea tubes for additional oxygen uptake and ultra efficient flight air-propulsion.

How do you know so much about them?
Have you dissected one?
They wouldn't like that, and may be out to get you.

I am an even better guesser.
My guess is that this is a load of made-up baloney.

For every objection, you make up a special circumstance or adaptation which fits in with your original theory.
You don't have any scientific evidence at all. Sorry, it is time to make my verdict.

Verdict.
Hopping Dragonfly Theory.

REJECTED

Back