Why Be Kind to Animals when Animals are not Kind to Animals?

I am a proud anthropomorphist....abnormal in the extreme

unlike Metakron who is in denial

Normal is boring.:D

MetaKron is anything but normal.

Back to the topic.

Why be kind to animals etc.

Why not? Why be cruel to them? What does it prove or achieve?

Being Cruel to animals usually gives the person a feeling of superiority. The fact that, by nothing more than 10 fold intellect, the person is able to kill/be cruel to the animal makes them feel dominant.

Kind of like the whole taxidermist deal

Hunters shoot bears who are drinking water peacefully or eating some berries or whatever. and then they have them stuffed into a position to suggest the bear was crouched and ready to attack and the human had the strength and cunning to pull out a firearm and take down this vicious, Carnivorous creature. Man vs Beast. Or Lead vs beast as it should be phrased.

Maybe I'm just giving humans too much credit.

Don't feel bad ...most people do the same thing! I think it has to do with egocentricism and human inability to accept their own faults. We love to look thru rose-colored glasses, not wanting to see or admit to the seedier side of humanity.

Even with vicious, evil killers and rapists we make excuses for their behavior so as not to have to admit that humans could do such things as they do ...and still be human.

Baron Max

Why should I be kind to a dog if the dog does not believe in being kind to a cat?

Because a happy dog gives you pleasure? Nature doesn't support the capacity for life on earth to be absolutely kind or absolutely mean as those behaviors would likely not allow life to persist. You can have moments of kindness and meanness in varying quantites/ratios.

Back