Why Aren't Dinosaurs In The Bible?

Originally posted by inspector
While the word "dinosaur" is a relatively new word, there seems to be evidence in many places around the world that men and these creatures have co-existed. In the Bible, when God is responding to Job, in Job 40 and 41, we see two creatures described, the 'behemoth' and the 'leviathan.' Both are described as extremely large animals and seem reminiscent of descriptions of a dinosaur and a giant sea creature. Although Bible notes in many modern translations suggest these animals might be a hippo, a crocodile, an elephant, or other known animals, the Biblical descriptions defy those identifications.

><>

Two big and immediate problems, first the behemoth is described to a T as a hippo, including the tail that "sways" and the fact that it hides "under the reeds" something difficult for a dinosaur to do, but the habitual environment of a hippo. The biblical descriptions in no way defy this identification, you are stretching interpretation to the point of incredulity. Second, well I accidentally posted it, the tracks that you speak of as well as using the fact that "stories of dragons" exist is pretty lame.

William
This guy called inspector is a sandwich short of a picnic, he IS the weakest link. :)

Re: The Teachings of Moses?

Originally posted by ConsequentAtheist
Do you really think so? What possible reason might you have to believe that Moses was any less mythic than the Ark or the Exodus? For example:
You are correct in that "Moses" could be a created allegory, etc., however you are incorrect (if you think) that the three religious intrepretations of "Moses" are NOT the Physical (Islam), the Emotional (Christian) and the Intellectual (Jewish) understandings/teachings. Prove me wrong, if you can (not possible, but try), but not in this forum; there are not enough participants to grasp this obvious (after research) truth. While searching (if you do), look for all of the "hidden" analogies to the so common three. For hints, you can find it in the Bible [I'll assist here -- the Father (intellectual), the Son (physical) and the Holy Ghost (Emotional)]; think not??? . . . the same story is in the Wizard of Oz, the three little pigs, and, for those so inclined and educated, The Brothers Karamozov, among so many, many others . . . .:)

Back