Why are parents murdering their kids?

There is one contraceptive that IS 100% effective. Burning or removal of the tubes or uterus. Have a couple of children, planned or unplanned.....burn, tie, remove....whatever....have as much sex as you want!
Gotta luv modern medical science.. :rolleyes:

But seriously though, this is maybe a reason for murdering your children. But as someone said here that children are either aborted or given up for adoption. I'm talking about children ranging in ages from 7 to 12 maybe even older who are being murdered by their parents.

Maybe it has something to do with the children being then at their most difficult stage? That the parents, already tested to their limits by children they do not love, see no way out anymore. In some cases the parents commit suicide afterwards.

In the news I find most cases that the parents were divorcing and the parents both love the kids too much to lose them so they kill the children along with their self sometimes.

Hapsburg said:
Kids are annoying, loud, hyperactive, screeching little bastards. Kids piss me off.
Big kids like you piss me off to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that it pretty much can be summed up as this.

The parent who kills their child has lost hope in the future.

Yates in texas, claimed it was to protect her children from evil in the world. Not the evil that was happening to them at that time, but the evil they would face in the future (yes I know she was nuts).

Susan Smith, it was her future she had lost hope in. The man she was seeing did not want to be involve with her because of the children.

The fathers who decide if they cant have the kids (during a break up) have also lost hope in the future.

Any thoughts?

Jenyar said:
What a strange, selfish idea of love...
During a divorce, delusion tends to set in. One partner starts seeing the other partner as a loathsome, wicked creature that is the embodiment of all that is wrong with the world. It can get to the point where they see their partner as being the next worst thing to the devil.

In their fractured minds they are saving their children from either the pain inflicted by the partner or from being twisted and corrupted by them. By the way, its the same reason we went into Vietnam.

ReighnStorm said:
:confused:
Parents are murdering their kids and it isn't getting the attention that it should.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/23/children.dead.ap/index.html
Jim Junior Nice, 33, was charged Thursday with three counts of first-degree murder. Fatally poisoned were 6-year-old twins, Justin and Spencer, and a 2-year-old girl, Raquel Anna.
Divorce records show Jim and Leslie Nice lost custody of the children after the 2004 drowning death of a fourth child, 22-month-old Ian Nice, in a ditch at a local park.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/content.cfm?content_type=article&content_type_id=7612
Associated ContentSearch Content
· In 1999 351 kids under 5 were killed by a parent!
· this is a more prevalent problem than people think.
· It happens in families where there's no history of violence.

A father of 4 killed his kids and himself by driving over the edge of a cliff, and a father is charged because he killed his 6 kids and set the house on fire. All this happened in March 2002.
June, 2004 In Warsaw, Poland --A husband and wife murdered their four children, whose mummified bodies were found in barrels at their family's apartment.
June, 2003 a young couple in Texas strangled and then decapitated their three young children. Children under the age of 5 in the United States are more likely to be killed by their parents than by anyone else. FBI crime stats show that in 1999 parents were responsible for 57% of these murders. Even though women commit less than 13% of all violent crime, they are responsible for about 50% of all parental murders.
Susan Smith was sentenced to life in prison for strapping her two toddler sons into her car, then pushing it into a South Carolina lake. For nine days, Smith maintained a web of deceit wherein she made a nationally televised plea for the return of her children, after claiming they'd been taken by a black carjacker. It was finally found out Smith had drowned the boys after her new lover said they had no future together because he didn't want children.

As a mother of 3 children I just don't understand how this happens. Any thoughts, suggested research material? comments? :(

Oh my God, it's people like this who make me love capital punishment. Anyone who could do that to a child deserves to die. I don't care what their reasons are, their sick! And if they're willing to kill somone in their own family, then they surely wouldn't mind killing someone else.

Back