Why and how did you become an atheist?

How did you become an atheist [or non-believer]? [Multi] [Choice for theists too]

• Always a moderate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Want to rebel/deny God and want to do immoral acts [Lulz]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wynn, I honestly no longer get what you mean by this whole enlightened thingie you have going. Do elaborate, please?

Do you see no problem with feeling absolutely certain and making bold claims about matters that have a long history of philosophical etc. dispute?

I was first raised religious, (Mormon) then all the guilt of merely being human built up and I decided I was atheist because religion caused me so much stress!

Then later schizophrenia took over and I saw that God could actually inhabit human forms and influence me.

Now I'm religious again, I believe God and Jesus to be alien beings that are benevolent and worth believing in.

Do you see no problem with feeling absolutely certain and making bold claims about matters that have a long history of philosophical etc. dispute?

Bold - no problem with that.
Certain claims - I have not made these - I am a weak atheist, God may exist, but unless we have enough evidence of this, I dont include he in my ontology.

I was first raised religious, (Mormon) then all the guilt of merely being human built up and I decided I was atheist because religion caused me so much stress!

Then later schizophrenia took over and I saw that God could actually inhabit human forms and influence me.

Now I'm religious again, I believe God and Jesus to be alien beings that are benevolent and worth believing in.

Awesome!

Back