Who Wrote The Bible?

Yes, the Bible is problematic. As they said, lots of people wrote it, and lots of people translated it. Anyone who's studied original Hebrew/Greek/Latin texts can tell you that some of those words can have more than one meaning, and the author could have used several different words instead. We(Mormons) believe the word of God as far as it is translated correctly, we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of god. Not all of the Bible is nessecarily inspired or dictated by God. I had the thought while reading Job that it might have been written as a parable or story to explain the moral.

We use the King James, because we believe that it is the most accurate translation. Not the most complete, but what is in it is accurately translated from how the original authors intended the books to read, so we use it.

Regardless of what your reading and who wrote it, the Spirit will tell you if it's true, so listen for the still small vioce of the Holy Spirit.

I will now be attacked by the atheists and the Mormon-haters. have a nice day.

Originally posted by Gifted
We use the King James, because we believe that it is the most accurate translation. Not the most complete, but what is in it is accurately translated from how the original authors intended the books to read, so we use it.

Funny, the Baptists also use the King James only and they hate your guts, mormons and Jehova's alike? Is their a version within the version that we don't know about? How can two entities that believe in the same exact words differ so much?

Cephys wrote the Bible, look him up in the Bible he is the Son of John or if you cant, ask me, i have very early versions of the Bible, that have been unedited, not like my posts.

Last edited:
Originally posted by ConsequentAtheist
You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

excuse me but i know well about what i am talking about, if i did not then i would not post it. don't dis an idea just for the sake of making yourself look "smart".

Originally posted by Gifted
We use the King James, because we believe that it is the most accurate translation.
Why would you think this of a 17th century endeavor - a period not distinguished by either religious tollerance or religious scholarship. There are known cases, for example, where Dead Sea Scroll documents stand closer to Septuagint than Masoretic readings.

Why would you think this of a 17th century endeavor - a period not distinguished by either religious tollerance or religious scholarship. There are known cases, for example, where Dead Sea Scroll documents stand closer to Septuagint than Masoretic readings.
Probably because the policy started in the early 19th century, when the church was restored. Don't ask me why it hasn't changed, we're probably waiting for the Brass Plates to be found.

Back