Who do you think Jesus was?

I don't believe we have reasonable proof of his existence outside of a book containing many fictitious stories.

Josephus was a Roman-Jewish historian who was born around 35BCE. He was the earliest and most credible non-christian who referred to Jesus.

my bro, the atheist, says that jesus' existence was documented in sanskrit and non-religious writings about the time.

I don't believe we have reasonable proof of his existence outside of a book containing many fictitious stories.

that same could be said of any and all history books you have in your possession.

He is just one part of the greatest scam ever pulled on over humanity.

Lori, stay away from that "quote" button.

Have you read these? There's Josephus (who was discussed above). Some mention Christians but not Jesus himself. The others are totally irrelevant.

'Lucian (circa 120-after 180) mentions Jesus. Greek writer and rhetorician.
"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. . . ."

don't you think "christ" is implicit in "christian"?

and why aren't the others relevant?

'Lucian (circa 120-after 180) mentions Jesus. Greek writer and rhetorician.
"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. . . ."

don't you think "christ" is implicit in "christian"?

and why aren't the others relevant?
I was asking for historical accounts of Jesus... not Christians. Can you not distinguish between the two? (I'll give you a clue... One is a man, the other is a movement.)

I was asking for historical accounts of Jesus... not Christians. Can you not distinguish between the two? (I'll give you a clue... One is a man, the other is a movement.)

you could apply some deductive reasoning regarding the movement and the man.

Back