Who are some of the most influential cranks?

So you've forgotten?

Forgot what?

It is true that it is not banned in Britain. Most European countries were looking to ban it. I am just trying to figure out what they mean by "real Religion". Is Satanism a "real Religion"? Because as far as i know it is not banned in Europe, at least on the surface no official banning AFAIK.

It seems for some reason countries still give tax relief to religions, while Charity work might well be a decent tax exemption reason, I really do thing religions that can accumulate money or own land should still be taxed. If their religion is that well supported by the people that believe in it, then taxation on these things shouldn't be problem.

Ha ha. Were it that simple. Your general lack of knowledge in power and politics in this matter is glaringly obvious. This post doesn't really deserve much more of a response other then a simple statement to say that any discussion of this idea is way off topic. We would see the Vatican burning before it would happen in most civilized countries. You haven't got a clue to the true power behind the Papal throne and the (IOR). . . . and neither do I. :p

Forgot what?
:rolleyes:
Originally Posted by Dywyddyr
You mean you haven't actually looked at the background of the German decision before spouting crap?
Originally Posted by John99
I did a long time ago.

I am just trying to figure out what they mean by "real Religion".
Which part of
As opposed to, say, a purely-for-profit corporation.
did you not understand?

Because as far as i know it is not banned in Europe, at least on the surface no official banning AFAIK.
:rolleyes:

And that is illegal in Europe?:rolleyes:

Because as far as i know that isnt illegal anywhere.
You're missing the point. As usual.
Being a for-profit organisation isn't illegal. Nor did I imply it was.
But claiming to be a religion (and getting the subsequent tax breaks) while not being a religion is not allowed.

The German Federal Government maintains that Scientology is an organization which has primarily economical interests.
That does not come under any definition of religion.
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/krasel/germany/

LOL....:wallbang:
WHO determines what is religion?
:facepalm:
Er, obviously the courts do (at least in this case). Idiot.
What's your definition of a religion?

By the way:
in the remainder of Yugoslawia Scientology has claimed to be a non-religious organization.
In Greece, Scientology (KEFE) claimed to be a philosophical, not a religious organization.
when Scientology as founded in South America in 1955, one of its goals was "... to lend and borrow money"
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/krasel/germany/stat.html
Hard luck.

It was obviously designed as a religion. Hubbard sadi so, he had ,many good ideas, he had many visions. You cannot say it is not a religion, no one can say it is not a religion.

Who is to say ehat a real religion is and what a real religion is not. You tell me.

It was obviously designed as a religion.
False.
It was designed as a money-maker for Hubbard.

Hubbard sadi so
Well he would, otherwise people wouldn't pay him.

he had ,many good ideas
Name one.

You cannot say it is not a religion, no one can say it is not a religion.
Wrong and... wrong.

Who is to say ehat a real religion is and what a real religion is not. You tell me.
Try to look up the definition of religion. Scientology doesn't fit.

At least you're nearly on-topic. You may be a crank, but you're hardly influential. Although with a lot of effort you may be in a few years.

Last edited:
So what? I wonder what the difference is.:shrug:
Why dont you start there?
Er, which part of SCIENTOLOGY itself claimed to be a philosophical, NOT A RELIGIOUS organization.
FFS, get a clue or sod off.

Er, which part of SCIENTOLOGY itself claimed to be a philosophical, NOT A RELIGIOUS organization.
FFS, get a clue or sod off.

Why dont you answer the questions to back up the little snippets (you get from any old web sites. do you know there are billions of pages on the internet that can claim anything?) in your posts.

Since BY THEIR ADMISSION they aren't religion, what do you mean "so what?"

That depends on how you look at it.
Wrong.

Philosophy or Religion. Makes no difference.
It has been suggested to me that you're a really clever troll and not actually as perniciously stupid as you appear to be.
I still can't decide. What do you say, are really a troll doing this for fun?

Back