Who are some of the most influential cranks?

Trooper

Secular Sanity
Valued Senior Member
Pseudoscience, pseudoscientific ideas, and pseudo-scientists are everywhere. They do have an impact on society. I’m curious to know which ones you feel have been the most influential.

I'll start with Nassim Haramein. His name, videos, and photos are everywhere on the web, and he has a large following.

The Resonance Project
scientist.gif

Steven E. Jones

BYU%2Bprofessor%2BSteven%2BJones.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_E._Jones

Jones had been co-chair of Scholars for 9/11 Truth up until December 5, 2006Following a dispute with co-chair James Fetzer over the direction the organization was taking, Jones resigned his membership and joined Scholars for 9/11 Truth & Justice.

Jones is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Jones has been described as "a devout Mormon."

Jones is co-editor of Journal of 9/11 Studies.

Also:

Behold My Hands: Evidence for

Christ's Visit in Ancient America

by Steven E. Jones

The Book of Mormon makes the bold statement that Jesus Christ, shortly following His resurrection, visited people in the New World and invited them to "feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am...the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world. ... Ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice..." (3 Nephi 11:14, 15:21). The Bible states that Jesus "showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days" and that this witness of Christ would be "unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:3-8) and that Jesus would indeed visit "other sheep" (John 10:16).

Several years ago, an idea popped into my head: Would people in the New World who also saw Jesus Christ leave memorials of this supernal experience by showing marked hands of Deity in their artwork? So I began a search with the following hypothesis-to be tested: Ancient artwork portraying a deity with deliberate markings on his hands will be found somewhere in the Americas. A crazy idea, maybe - but wait till you see the artwork of the ancient Maya!

Arthur

Right on, thanks!
happy-smileys-emoticons160.gif

Well, you can tell that I was thinking small, duh! Obviously, the most influential cranks provide answers on the origin and nature of life and reality, the really big questions.

I need your help. I want to make a list and I only have 30 days to complete it.
var2-smileys-emoticons27.gif

I need your help. I want to make a list and I only have 30 days to complete it.
var2-smileys-emoticons27.gif
Well that's certainly annoying.
I've just discovered there's a book out that I really want and Amazon are unlikely to get delivery before that period's up. Does this mean I'm going to spend eternity not having read a copy? :bawl:
Hell indeed.

OH no, not Sarah! Is it because you are one of those silly progressives or was it the lipstick thingy?

Back