Which religion do you like?

Better question to the religionist is not what do you prefer, but are you open to change? Smart money is on any modern day established religion being false in at least one way.

When did you choose to be a Muslim and why?

I was born in a Muslim family. But I could not know the original history of my forefathers. When I knew from my father of heart that we were once the greatest of all nations and now the whole nation is distorted from the real Islam, actually then I was born newly as a Muslim. I could know why all the Muslims are defeated and tortured all over the world.

“ Originally Posted by spidergoat
When did you choose to be a Muslim and why?

I was born in a Muslim family. But I could not know the original history of my forefathers. When I knew from my father of heart that we were once the greatest of all nations and now the whole nation is distorted from the real Islam, actually then I was born newly as a Muslim. I could know why all the Muslims are defeated and tortured all over the world.

why would you think that Muslims are being defeated and more importantly , tortured all over the world ?

What is the "real" Islam?

Since we may be discussing an earlier version of Islam, I would find a short discussion of pre-Islamic Middle East atmosphere intriguing also. I had many old stories told to me as a child of the Arabian Nights, Ali Baba, Ala Din and the Magic Lamp, and a strange tale of three big dogs guarding a treasure.
When does the age of these tales fit into the pre-Islamic world environment?

Favorite Religion

My favorite religion is Neoism, the New Religion. Finally, a religion that is true!

Before that I practiced Zen for about ten years and it's still a fave.

Since we may be discussing an earlier version of Islam, I would find a short discussion of pre-Islamic Middle East atmosphere intriguing also. I had many old stories told to me as a child of the Arabian Nights, Ali Baba, Ala Din and the Magic Lamp, and a strange tale of three big dogs guarding a treasure.
I have no answer to you closing question, so I cropped from your quote. Sorry Keith.
For the rest of it: I have lived in Saudi Arabia and I learned that such customs as a month-long fast, and preferring night to day predate Islam by thousands of alwayses. Yes, staying up all night and snoozing in the merciless heat of the day is common sense, so no surprises there, but the Ramadan thing fascinatingly was in place long before Islam reared its stodgy head. Then things like praying in a certain direction a certain number of times to a certain monotheistic something all have their origins in Judaism, but just try to get the Mohammedans to admit that! They also change Isaac to Abraham's other son Ishmael, but I have no interest in that.

I can't say that I like any one religion more than I do another. To generalize is to blur positive and negative teachings of each. As for me, I think there are positive teachings in all religions, just as there are negative ones.

As much as I do not agree with many teachings that some religions preach (creationism, hell, Satan, etc), I do honor and respect other teachings of theirs (teachings of compassion, kindness, forgiveness, etc).

And that is what I do... I do not follow one religion or another. I study psychology and religion simutaneously (as to understand why people believe what they do), and I pick what teachings exemplify my own moral code and personal beliefs.

To sum it in a more clear way, I do not change myself to align more with a belief system. Instead, I change my belief system to align more with me. I take what is right for me and what aligns with my own morals and mindset, and I dismiss the rest. And because I am always changing and always evolving, so do my beliefs.

In short, I like (aspects of) all religions.

Last edited:
I know you like yours one most. I am asking other than this one. My religion is Islam and I like Christianity, Buddhism except my one. If you are an atheist than need not come here and reply.
Im atheist and was told many a times by religious nuts that atheism is a religion,
so I like my religion..
or are theists claiming that idiots?

I know you like yours one most. I am asking other than this one. My religion is Islam and I like Christianity, Buddhism except my one. If you are an atheist than need not come here and reply.
I dont like any religion,they only make people stupid,by feeding them BS

science may not have all the answers,but religion has none

I will admit I am a christian. Non-denomination. I have been to a Church of Christ, a Zion church, catholic church, baptist church, an a Lutheran church. There are different types of christians..
I have read some of the Holy Bible's old testament an all the New testament. I have asked a Chaplin an several Preachers. Questions that I have had because I found some intriguing things.
I will admit I have a personal like in viking's mythology an there ways of life. I believe I may have some viking in me. So I like the vikings "religion" wish I knew more about the Druids.
An I wish I knew more about Egyptians religion as well.. But I believe no matter the religion you have you must have either a strong belief or a faith.
An I believe I will have anouther drink..
Of water.

Well as a Christian.

1 Christianity of course
2 Torah Judaism ( must stress not tulmud or kabalah )
3 buddhism if only for it's pacifism

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Reincarnation sounds good but i want all my memories.
By the way what religions believe in reincarnation?

Last edited:
I prefer to be a Christians because it can open-up more topics about God. In addition, they say that when you are Christian, you can learn a lot of things that can help you in your daily life.

קבלה לעם

Reincarnation sounds good but i want all my memories.
By the way what religions believe in reincarnation?

I know it is a teaching of the hindu religion.

I prefer resurrection into eternal life. None of that going through this world again and again and again and again caper. Once is enough for me.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

I'd like to believe in reincarnation, but I'm worried that the Judeo-Christian perspective might be right. Nothing concrete, just experiences. Once, for example, I saw St. Cuthbert's face in a jelly doughnut.

And, BTW, it is indeed "doughnut", not fucking "donut". Do not 'donut', all right? I'm looking at you, Americans.

Don't look at me! GeoffP, I can spell but mostly for shit. So I don't care how you spells it.

Back