which religion do u follow or think is best comb. of sprituality ,peace & mediation?

which religion do u follow or think is best comb. of sprituality ,peace & mediation?

• Baha'i Faith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Christianity (2 billion followers)

• Confucianism

• Hinduism (1 billion followers)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Islam (1 billion followers)

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Jainism

• Judaism

• Shinto

• Sikhism

• Taoism

• don't follow any religion (1 billion )

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
daphneeee said:
In whatever religion you believe in you should also recognize that YOU CHOSE to believe in it.

Bull. Although I am not religious, I don't 'choose' my philosophy--I simply believe the things that make the most sense to me. Some people believe what they do because they have no choice; it is simply where the logic leads them. It is difficult for many to really believe something that they know makes no sense at all.

philocrazy said:
All religions and beliefs are foundations for morality and justice...
my religion your religion my morality your morality etc....[/QUOTE

Religions are also foundations of IMmorality and INjustice. See gender inequalities and wars made for the name of religions.

TheERK said:
Bull. Although I am not religious, I don't 'choose' my philosophy--I simply believe the things that make the most sense to me. Some people believe what they do because they have no choice; it is simply where the logic leads them. It is difficult for many to really believe something that they know makes no sense at all.

The things that make most sense to you dont make sense to someone else. It all depends on the environment you ve been raised in. You must recognise that and then you will also recognise that you choose what you believe - except if your a brainwashed retard (see religious fundamentalists)- and believe that your way is the only way and everyone else are wrong.

Daphnee:
Religions are also foundations of IMmorality and INjustice. See gender inequalities and wars made for the name of religions.
---------------------------------------------------
you make not point at all!!!!!!!!!!!
you see one's justice could be another's injustice
i spoke generally there and you've missed it big time
next time think when you challenge a philosopher who also happens to
be the greatest philosopher of all time.

Daphnee i saw your point but i felt compelled to reply
now i want you to tell us since you also know about injustice and immorality
why is religion what it is?? huh?? hmmmm....?

lol..

well concerning womens place into religion and generally society your statement is not true. In most popular religions that is christianity, hinduism and islam women are considered inferior so..ALL of them consider that they distribute justice when they discriminate against women.

By the way when i said that i was refering to religious SYSTEMS not religion as a lifestyle and individual way of thinking

philocrazy said:
Daphnee i saw your point but i felt compelled to reply
now i want you to tell us since you also know about injustice and immorality
why is religion what it is?? huh?? hmmmm....?

Why is religion what it is?
er...because of religious fundamentalism, and generally mental sickness and stupidity in its highest form.

Back