Where are you in the whole Paranormal Debate?

How do you see yourself in reguards to the Paranormal?

• I am a faithful believer of the Paranormal

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I am a skeptical believer in the Paranormal

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I am a neutral skeptic of the Paranormal

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I am a skeptical nonbeliever in the Paranormal

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I am a faithful nonbeliever in the Paranormal

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
For an example of what I am referring to, and to avoid the Santa Claus Gambit Gambit, I shall draw an example.

Some people here may have heard of "red sprites", which are high-altitude lightning that creates large red shapes above thunderclouds. They are not visible from the ground and are usually only seen by pilots in high-altitude planes.

The human eye can see red sprites just fine, but they only last a few milliseconds so photographing them is quite difficult. In 1994 pictures were finally taken with high-speed cameras, and now we have documentary evidence of them rather than anecdotal evidence.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap951111.html
http://ibis.nmt.edu/sprites/sprites.html

Pilots had apparently been seeing these things for years, and their anecdotal evidence was eventually verified with instruments.

The important thing in this case is that:

1) Although they are a spectacular effect, they did not incite the kind of wild speculation that other effects sometimes have. Certainly red sprites did not fire the public imagination the way flying saucers do.

2) An effort was made to gather legitimate documentary evidence, and research in the field is considered ongoing.

This was the proper way to handle things. (Sorry about the NASA pics Vrob, I know you don't like those guys.) The examination of UFOs as a field has been plagued by poor documentary evidence, as well as a group of people who create and display fake evidence.

Originally posted by BigBlueHead
The examination of UFOs as a field has been plagued by poor documentary evidence, as well as a group of people who create and display fake evidence.

I completely agree,

And I'd like to add that I don't bat an eye to photo's or individual sightings of lights in the sky. I think most people who attempt to take this subject seriously do the same.

The biggest problem with this topic is the ridicule factor. It severely hampers open discussion on the subject.

Where I find the most intrieging evidence is through:

The Eyewitness, firsthand accounts of Military personel who have verified credentials, and have come forward with their reports.

The history of our Govmt, intelligence community, military's attitude towards this subject. It has been a clinic in hypocracy, as there is absolutely no doubt they are concealing huge amounts of information.

If you haven't already done so, I think it would be a very good idea for you to listen to the witness testimonies from Project Disclosure.

Back