Where are Heaven and Hell

I am speaking in psychological terms.
By singing and cheering before death he went beyond the psychological trauma that implication or awarness of death causes, so he indeed became immortal and went to heaven, i.e., a state of mind where there is no death and life shines in eternity.

BTW, Hell is about 20 miles northwest of Ann Arbor, Michigan. If anybody wants to write about the accomodations, the zip code is 48169.

But I don't know where Heaven might be.

marv said:
BTW, Hell is about 20 miles northwest of Ann Arbor, Michigan. If anybody wants to write about the accomodations, the zip code is 48169.

M*W: From one Hillbilly to another, heaven is Southern West Virginia 24892.

marv said:
Really? I thought it was somewhere in New Jersey. :p

Brazil.

Actually, there are two Hells, one is the unincorporated village in Michigan near Ann Arbor, and the other is in central Norway. Hell, take your choice....:D

Now somebody did write a story once about Heaven, Indiana. But it was probably fictional 'cause I lived in Indiana for a while, and I never heard of it or saw it on a map or highway sign. Maybe that's why people wonder where it is. Is that proof that there isn't any heaven?...:rolleyes:

Here's what I can gather:
Hell: assorted places around the world, incluiding parts of norway, finland, eastern europe, somalia, the Virungas, and Los Angeles.
Heaven: Brazil and certain parts of Florida.

Hmm...Not sure. I think because Heaven is of high status, so it is...positioned up high I guess?

Could Hell be in the inner core of the Earth?

There's some feverish activity on this thread !
First a post in August 2005
and then another today. :rolleyes:

It can't be in the centre of the earth
St John Chrysostom, an expert on the matter
said that one of the pleasures of heaven is
looking down at the damned.

Though I suppose God could make a glass viewing panel
like they have on tourist boats to watch the fish.

Last edited:
"The Old English hel belongs to a family of Germanic words meaning “to cover” or “to conceal.” Hel is also the name, in Old Norse, of the Scandinavian queen of the underworld. Many English translations of the Bible use hell as an English equivalent of the Hebrew terms She'ol (or Sheol) and Gehinnom, or Gehenna (Hebrew: gê-hinnom). The term Hell is also used for the Greek Hades and Tartarus, which have markedly different connotations. As this confusion of terms suggests, the idea of hell has a complex history, reflecting changing attitudes toward death and judgment, sin and salvation, and crime and punishment."

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/c...://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9039897/hell

Heavenly Ski Resort Description:
Heavenly Ski Resort, a ski resort located in Lake Tahoe, has 91 trails and 30 lifts. Heavenly Ski Resort is home to both exceptional skiing and a world-class apres-ski scene. Trails:
Expert/Advanced 35%
Intermediate 45%
Beginner 20%

Heavenly Ski Resort Directions / Location:
Heavenly Ski Resort stretches over the Nevada-California border. Heavenly Ski resort is about 1.25 hours from Reno and 8 hours from Los Angeles. Heavenly's website offers a complete guide to getting to Heavenly Ski Resort by car, plane, train, or bus.
Heavenly Ski Resort Directions
Heavenly Ski Resort Statistics:
Summit Elevation: 10,067'
Vertical Drop: 3,500'
Skiable Acres: 4,800
Average Annual Snowfall: 360"
Trails: 91
Lifts: 30
Snowmaking: 69%
Night skiing: No

If per say there is a what we call heaven and hell. How do we know where they are? Everyone thinks of heaven as a pieceful place in the cloud with golden gates but that is not stated any where. Heaven good be underground sourrounded by flames and hell could be up in the sky in a pieceful environment tortuting people. So where do we get the assumption of where heaven and hell are located?

Heaven and hell are other worlds and universes...just think of a dream, hell is a nightmare, heaven is dream come true...reality is like a dream

Here's what I can gather: Hell: assorted places around the world, incluiding parts of norway, finland, eastern europe, somalia, the Virungas, and Los Angeles. Heaven: Brazil and certain parts of Florida.
M*W: Heaven is Southern WV. Hell is Houston, TX in the summer.

'heaven' as used in the bible merely relates to the expanse of space.

Eventually heaven gets destroyed - along with the earth etc:

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away" (rev 21:1)

Then a new jerusalem descends onto this new earth and becomes the home for the good folk while dogs, the sexually immoral and fortune tellers must dwell outside the city.

Hmm...Not sure. I think because Heaven is of high status, so it is...positioned up high I guess?

Could Hell be in the inner core of the Earth?
M*W: The astro-theological interpretation of heaven and hell are:

One looks up to the heavens in the daylight where god (the Sun) can be seen. This is all good. When the sun goes down, it resembles the dying god that goes behind the Earth where darkness (evil, sin) prevails and becomes hell. This is all bad.

Does anyone realize that when the sun is at full noon, it looks like a lake of fire, but no one should look directly at it, because it can blind you (as would be the case if you looked directly into the face of god).

Further example would be when Moses (a major sun-worshipper) went upon the mount and conversed with god (the sun), it's no surprise that a bush could catch on fire from the heat of the sun. I've seen this actually happen. It's not so unusual. It happens all the time in the Western USA.

Then a new jerusalem descends onto this new earth and becomes the home for the good folk while dogs, the sexually immoral and fortune tellers must dwell outside the city.

So hell is a place where all the swingers will live with their psychic advisors and poodles in the suburbs. :)

Doesn't sound toooo bad.

Back