what's your opinion on this?

Ladies and gents: today, Thursday, 27, I watched the PBS presentation of KOYANISQUAATSI and about 10 minutes before it ends (1-1/2 hrs long) there is a sequence where a rocket is seen taking off. There are no astronauts on this one. As it climbs it explodes and pieces go flying in all directions in flames and smoking. One piece is singled out while still in a distant shot. Eventually we see that it is one of the engines. While is it falling straight it spins on its axis and flames up every now and then. If this object would have been seen in the distance the on-off flaming could be seen from a sufficient distance to be possibly thought of as strobing. Oberg is able to identify it 'cause of his specialties is Russian space efforts and knowing when any piece of space debris is going to re-enter is no problem for those who keep track of such things. This is one of those times and so it was no big deal to be able to say where and when such space junk would finally give up the ghost. Since it's breaking up and flaming it's no big mystery to see that smaller pieces are not going to behave as the larger, heavier pieces. As I said before, IF what is being called a UFO by some were to do something extraordinary such as climbing, dropping straight down or performing any unnatural angled flight I could see continued discussion.

zion:
I am sorry but Irrelevant with what respects?...
Irrelevant because this is not a thread about UFO sightings in general, it is about a specific incident. The interpretation of this specific incident is in no way influenced by other incidents. Even if a UFO landed on the White House lawn tomorrow, the observation discussed here would STILL be consistent with a rocket stage reentry.

I am not familiar with the incident you are referring to, but I suggest you start a thread about it.

Cheers, Hans

I'm not sure the Rocket explosion footage is relevant comparison for a reason: One is an explotion during take-off, the other a spent booster. There would have been fuel inside the engine of the rocket which exploded during take off. The Russian Rocket Engine would have been spent.

Originally posted by Frieda
i'm really sorry, but that conclusion i quoted above just cracks me up.. i'd be really happy to believe that ufos are there to "help" the human race and to prevent it from destroying itself, but i think i'll go for the rocket shrapnel explanation.. it sounds a bit more plausible to me!

What's wrong with aliens/UFO's wanting to help the human race? Most people, upon seeing a alien/UFO, would want to kill it- beat it - scream - run! The aliens have no chance to get in contact with us because we are so ignorant! lol :p

If, I am an alien with advanced technology and have learned to access and understand Earth's television signals - watch for more of my UFO buzzes when "the Taken" is shown...I just want to check out what people are thinking after the show...:D

Back