Whats your emotional IQ?

pooyak, your Emotional IQ is 120.

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Emotional IQ test. But your Emotional IQ score is much more than just a number: it's an indicator of success.

Research has shown that people with high emotional intelligence scores — not necessarily those with the highest IQ scores — tend to be the most valued and productive employees and have the longest and happiest romantic relationships.

So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is emotional management — how much you let your emotions affect the world around you.

This is not to say, however, that emotions never contribute to your decisions. At times the emotions you are having are appropriate guides for your actions. And with your keen sense of emotional management, you'll know when and where to base decisions upon them.

Research indicates that if people who are strong emotional managers can work to increase their overall emotional IQ score, they can prepare themselves to handle any interpersonal exchange with amazing skill — especially by learning to be empathetic of others and by being able to express what it is they are feeling or trying to say.

Cool test, maybe that's why I'm intuitive

Chosen, your Emotional IQ is 135.

So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is emotional management — how much you let your emotions affect the world around you.

'A, your Emotional IQ is 121.'

'So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is perception — your ability to pick up on what others are feeling.

Because of this, you are unusually good at reading people's verbal and non-verbal cues. You're especially aware of the subtleties of people's actions, and can feel out the vibe of a situation better than many. That gives you and edge many wish they had.'

For many of the questions, none of the possibilities even remotely matched what I would have done or thought, so I just went with the option that would have provided me with the most information allowing me to make a better decision - which of course, results in me getting 'perception' as my special ability.

I think the test isn't really value to me, IMO, because I could have answered all of the questions in any way and manipulated the results to be whatever I wanted. I could be 135 with empathy, or 80 with emotional management, whatever.

As I've found, the only tests that really show anything about me, are the IQ tests and the ones representative of more specific areas of intelligence.

Unfortunate, but true.

-Distortion

Originally posted by Distortion
I think the test isn't really value to me, IMO, because I could have answered all of the questions in any way and manipulated the results to be whatever I wanted. I could be 135 with empathy, or 80 with emotional management, whatever.

Exactly :) I answered the most logical choices.

The real me would tell the anti-social person to "beat it" :D

There's really no point tip-toeing around it.

I / (we?) are smarter than the test. When you are at the level that you understand what values are ascribed to each of the answers for the questions, and that you can predict and manipulate the outcomes of the test - does it still tell you anything, and does it still have any value?

No.

-Distortion

Back