Whats the holy ghost

Salty

Registered Senior Member
Father is god
son is jesus
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE HOLY GHOST?:bugeye:

Father is the creator and stuff and jesus is like another god made by god but where does this holy ghost come from?

The father is earth
The son is sir david attenborough
the holy ghost is the universe

Whats the problem?
Oh... You WEREN'T talking about drlounatarianism, my bad.
Well I don't know anything about archaic-made-up religions...

If you ask a Trinitarian they will tell you that God is made up of three "parts" or states.

1.) Him in Heaven. When the Bible refers to God in heaven. The big guy in the sky that created everything and voyeuristically watches us all masturbate in the shower.
This is the "Father".

2.) His physical manifestation on Earth. For him to be here on Earth amongst the people he had to take a physical form. Thsi form was Jesus.
This is the "Son".

3.) His all pervading omniscient spirit. God's thoughts. His "soul" in a sense. The part of him that Trinitarians refer to when they say, "God is everywhere. He is all around us and inside us." When people become posessed by God, when they talk to or hear from God, it is them interracting with God's spirit.
This is the "Holy Ghost" or the "Holy Spirit".

I am still trying to figure out what Non-Trinitarians mean when they refer to the "Holy Ghost". maybe it is the same thing, but God us made up of two parts (the big guy in the sky and his spirit) and Jesus was not the physical manifestation of God on earth, but it was God's son?

Can anyone elaborate further on this?

Originally posted by one_raven
1.) Him in Heaven. When the Bible refers to God in heaven. The big guy in the sky that created everything and voyeuristically watches us all masturbate in the shower.
This is the "Father".

2.) His physical manifestation on Earth. For him to be here on Earth amongst the people he had to take a physical form. Thsi form was Jesus.
This is the "Son".

3.) His all pervading omniscient spirit. God's thoughts. His "soul" in a sense. The part of him that Trinitarians refer to when they say, "God is everywhere. He is all around us and inside us." When people become posessed by God, when they talk to or hear from God, it is them interracting with God's spirit.
This is the "Holy Ghost" or the "Holy Spirit".
:D :eek: Oo, you wack off in the shower too?
Anyway, this trinity thing is just borrowed or ripped off from the Hindu god Brahma and his avatars Vishnu and Shiva.

Anyway, this trinity thing is just borrowed or ripped off from the Hindu god Brahma and his avatars Vishnu and Shiva
Riiiight, considering "this trinity thing" originated a few hundred years before Hinduism.

Originally posted by Jerrek
Riiiight, considering "this trinity thing" originated a few hundred years before Hinduism.

How do you figure?

What religion are you referring to?

Hinduism (and the idea of the Generator, Organizer and Destroyer) was around long before Christianity.

Hinduism-
Brahma- The Creator or Generator
Vishnu- The Organizer or Preserver
Shiva- The Destroyer

Christianity-
God- The Creatoor or Generator
Jesus- The Organizer or Preserver
Holy Ghost- The Destroyer

That is just a bit of the parallels between the two religions and Hinduism (as I said) was here first.

Or are you suggesting that Hiduism stole its Gods from another religion altogether?
Which religion would that be?

Let's see if I can not mess this up: The Holy Ghost is a spirit sent here to help us. He manifests himself(though it could be a she for all I know) in various ways, usually a feeling of peace or somethign like that, to tell us we're doing something right. He's seperate from God and Jesus, since they have physical bodies, it would be kind of hard to occupy th esame space as us. More that that, I'm not sure, they don't go into more that I know of.

Originally posted by Salty
Father is god
son is jesus

Father is the creator and stuff and jesus is like another god made by god but where does this holy ghost come from?
Doesn't everything have an antithesis? Well just as there are evil ghosts, there are holy ghosts.

Originally posted by Salty
Father is god
son is jesus

its all bunch of horse poop IMO :D

From what I understand, teh Holy Ghost is the fella that will come down to host that big Arnageddon party, no?

The holy ghost is the sneaky bastard that walks thru your walls to make sure you're not doing anal to your girlfriend or being the buggerer of boys.

Originally posted by one_raven
From what I understand, teh Holy Ghost is the fella that will come down to host that big Arnageddon party, no?
Party? Pass the judgement bowl :p
Armageddon is hosted by Jesus Christ... someone tangible as opposed to the holy ghost.

Originally posted by havalina
Party? Pass the judgement bowl :p
Armageddon is hosted by Jesus Christ... someone tangible as opposed to the holy ghost.

You are going to be waiting a while on the gate honey.....Cause the key is god, not Jesus, or the holly goast......Jesus said himself, if you call my name in place of god, you will not find me responding.

Oh please. They are all One in the same.
I'd say no. There are several places in the bible that contradict that, and if your Mormon, there's modern day revelation too.

Originally posted by Gifted
I'd say no. There are several places in the bible that contradict that, and if your Mormon, there's modern day revelation too.
Edit: I don't want to hijack the thread.... sorry about that.
You got it sugar.
Typical response from someone hubrisly incapable of apologizing. I hope you don't sexually harass women offline also. Oh well. Nothing putting someone on ignore can't fix.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Originally posted by havalina
Several places in the bible deny the Trinity?

Typical response from someone hubrisly incapable of apologizing. I hope you don't sexually harass women offline also. Oh well. Nothing putting someone on ignore can't fix.
:rolleyes:

Honey, I'm a woman, a civil engineer, master degree, and government job, a mother of two.

You assume too much.

Assume, you make an ASS of U and ME. Didn't they teach you that in engineering school in Cleveland.

Keep assuming that Jesus is god or son of god like you do, and as I said, you're up for a big surprise....

Now go follow your two most important commandments as a chrisitian as stated by Jesus...Too bad, he didn't say christ or trinity in the commandment...Looks like you don't read your bible enough, or your pastor in the business of screening some passages for you.

Mark 12
29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
[31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

PS. Take it easy on insulting muslims, I have to say, your ignorance caught my attention, that I followed you to this site.

Back