What's on your iPod?

I must formally object to this "new" "what's on your iPod thread". It's fundamentally a copy of the old.

Procedurism, Sirrah!

Also, I'm listening to Nickleback. Okay? And I don't want to hear any of your vicious Yankee criticisms of them, either, because GaGa frigging autotunes. OKAY!? So just - back off.

I must formally object to this "new" "what's on your iPod thread". It's fundamentally a copy of the old.
The old one was just getting too long for good data management. I also wanted to make my stamp as the new Moderator. I really wish people would say something about these songs instead of just posting the title and a URL. Life is way too short to follow every link that pops up on our screens. Besides, SciForums is a discussion board so it would be appropriate for these posts to actually say something!
Also, I'm listening to Nickleback. Okay? And I don't want to hear any of your vicious Yankee criticisms of them, either, because GaGa frigging autotunes. OKAY!? So just - back off.
I'm an American and I've got nothing against Nickelback. (Unless I mis-parsed your construction "Yankee criticism.") They're hardly avant-garde, but they're good at what they do, that melodic post-grunge stuff like Creed. I saw them a couple of years ago on a triple bill with Staind, who was actually the band I went to see, and Daughtry, whom I'd never heard of because I don't watch "American Idol" but who really impressed me. Nickelback puts on a good show.

I'm a regular girl-singer junkie: I even have Sporty Spice's solo album and I'm one of three people who know about Sass Jordan, Beth Hart AND Alana Davis. But I must say Lady Gaga leaves me cold. She reminds me of Dido. Give me Alison Moyet. Or better yet, transport me back 35 years so I can have Sandy Denny back.:(

Thanks Fraggle. It's the funniest thing: there just seems to be some general aversion to Nickelback. Can't figure it. It's not like everyone else doesn't - shall we say - produce their music a bit. Ah well.

Girl-singing...ok, I also used to listen to Aqua. Not cause I was a fan, just thought it was sporty and cheery. There, I said it.

Thanks Fraggle. It's the funniest thing: there just seems to be some general aversion to Nickelback. Can't figure it. It's not like everyone else doesn't - shall we say - produce their music a bit. Ah well.
They're just one of those interchangeable bands that straddles the line between pop and post-grunge. I don't see why anyone who likes the others wouldn't like this one. Their songs don't all sound alike and a few of them actually stand out. That's about all you can expect from a band that's not A-class.

Chad Kroeger is a songwriter, singer and lead guitarist who has already collaborated with several other musicians and writers. He has a solo CD coming out later this year that Wikipedia says will be "darker" than what we're used to, which as a fan of Korn and old Black Sabbath I'm looking forward to. Perhaps he will eventually find his own direction.
Girl-singing...ok, I also used to listen to Aqua. Not cause I was a fan, just thought it was sporty and cheery. There, I said it.
I have their CD "Aquarius." Haven't played it in a while and I don't remember it very well, but my notes say that I liked several of the songs well enough to include in one of my compilations.

You probably like Ace of Base and Roxette? Or maybe Drain STH, a tongue-in-cheek all-female Swedish goth band starring Toni Iommi's wife?

Back