What's on your iPod?

Oh nice, thanks! I thought I was the only Foreigner fan who even remembers that song, much less likes it. It's a little off their beaten path: Head Knocker, Jukebox Hero, Feels Like The First Time, etc.

It's an homage to the spacey music that was going out of style as they achieved stardom. Lordy I sure miss that stuff! I've worn out Jefferson Starship's "Dragon Fly," Nektar's "Recycled," Genesis's "Trick Of The Tail," Gentle Giant's "Free Hand" and Chris Squire's "Fish Out Of Water."
I'm happy that it brightened your day FR :)

I've seen the iconic band below with the double drummers over a dozen times. They always deliver. This is one of my favorites...

The Doobie Brothers - South City Midnight Lady (Live)

This song is a bit special to me. I won a competition with it that pushed me over the top in ribbons/points required to become Gold Level (USADance/Ballroom Dancing/Latin Dances).

Santana - Hold On

Donna Summer (LaDonna Gaines), the 70s diva of disco, succumbed to cancer yesterday at the age of 64. After singing as backup to numerous artists, she set out on her own. After hearing her perform in a Berlin nightclub, Giorgio Moroder (producer, composer, and the architect of disco) signed Donna up. She would go on to win five Grammy Awards.

I consider the song below her signature song. Upbeat with an inviting dance tempo, it features the hot vocals of Donna and a scorching guitar solo by Doobie Brothers guitarist Jeff "Skunk" Baxter (playing pedal steel guitar in post #411 above).

RIP Donna

Donna Summer - Hot Stuff

Back