What's on your iPod?

* * * * NOTE FROM THE MODERATOR * * * *

Cosmic: You have been given an official Warning. You have been advised several times to limit your posts to no more than two in a row. This thread is not your personal blog.

If you do this again you will be given a one-day ban. Please allow other members to participate. If no one posts during a week, perhaps it means they're not interested so there's no point in you adding another post.

I will make this easier by specifying that after you post two in a row, if no one else adds anything for two weeks, then you can start over.

* * * * NOTE FROM THE MODERATOR * * * *

Cosmic: You have been given an official Warning. You have been advised several times to limit your posts to no more than two in a row. This thread is not your personal blog.

If you do this again you will be given a one-day ban. Please allow other members to participate. If no one posts during a week, perhaps it means they're not interested so there's no point in you adding another post.

I will make this easier by specifying that after you post two in a row, if no one else adds anything for two weeks, then you can start over.

I waited 5 days before reposting, how long would you recommend I wait or should I wait until another person has posted? :shrug:

I waited 5 days before reposting, how long would you recommend I wait or should I wait until another person has posted?
You keep asking questions that make it seem like you don't read my posts carefully. In the very post you quoted, I said:
. . . . after you post two in a row, if no one else adds anything for two weeks, then you can start over.
So if nobody else is participating, you can post twice every two weeks.

JANN ARDEN, Canada's best kept secret.

Jann Arden is one of the biggest stars in Canada, with TV specials and sold-out concert tours, but she is virtually unknown south of the border. Her first big hit, 1994's "Insensitive," got some airplay here. But since then she has been ignored, while other members of what I refer to as The Sisterhood Of The Depressed Canadian Chanteuses--Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morissette, Alannah Myles, Shania Twain--are well known.

This song, "Where No One Knows Me" is Jann at her most exquisite. It's got a driving rock'n'roll beat with a fist-pumping-on-the-steering-wheel chorus, and it sounds like a cheerful little song about a road trip. Until you listen to the lyrics more carefully.

"Got my suitcase, got my dog, I'm packing up my life. . . . Got my pictures, got some cash, I'm getting out of here at last. . . . I won't stop till my last drop of gas turns to vapor, gonna drive till I can't remember who I was when I left."

I'd really like to sing this gem of the "Dammit I'm leaving and I'm never looking back" genre, but I can't figure out what to do with my favorite line: "I tore the rear-view mirror down and wrapped it in my wedding gown." I'm famous as the karaoke gender-bender, I do Linda Ronstadt, Sheryl Crow, Julie London and Kelly Clarkson. My voice doesn't have enough range to cover most male singers but I can slide right under the girls by singing an octave lower.

I'll keep working on this one, I'll find a way. I won't stop till my last drop of gas turns to vapor.

Last edited:
Back