What's on your iPod?

When My Minds Gone -- Mott The Hoople
One of my favorite glam-rock bands. "Roll Away the Stone" is my favorite track.

The band's original name was "Silence." Guy Stevens of Island Records insisted that they change their name to "Mott the Hoople" if they wanted a contract with his company.

It is the name of a minor novel written in 1966 by American author Willard Manus. Norman Mott is a misfit who gambles and engages in minor crimes to avoid working. He is finally sent to prison for refusing to be inducted when he is drafted during the Vietnam War. Upon release, he considers taking up a normal life and being a "Hoople," which in the book is a synonym for "square."

Didn't know that, thanks for the 411 about them. I too enjoyed them and saw them once and they put on a very good concert. Have you ever seen them live?

Johnny Winter died today. I saw him a few times and he blew me away. The man could play some damn good blues.

[video=youtube;PRQzWTMtSIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQzWTMtSIA[/video]

Hey guys, I am adding to my posts and going to condense them so please mod feel fre to delete the duplicates. I was a little hyper the night i posted and apologise for any multiple posts.

Track 1:

"…and we don’t worry bout tomorrow, cause were sick of these four walls now what you think is nothin might be something after all..."

Fair Warning…by he mighty VH. They nailed it here. Really love the opening riff, obviously the Marshall Plexi that eddie used. Groundbreaking guitar playing...well, at the time (late 70s\early 80s) Eddie Van Halen, the band had been well known from their live shows.

Lyrically, except for that line i posted, it is kind of juvenile, but then they members were real young when they wrote them...say like barely out of their teens. What I really love is the delivery (inflection) of David Lee Roth. Fair Warning, from a guitar players standpoint, was probably their best work. It is a dark record, i do tend to go for dark, melancholy stuff though. Although, my favorite from this band is off of VH2, which is a much more mainstream disk.

Last edited:
ZZTOP Master of Sparks...

I love old ZZTop. Again, same reasons as above and Billy Gibbons is one of my all time favorite guitar players.

Last edited:
Hector Lavoe Mi Gente

I found this in my cloud player. Yes, i love the vintage stuff and it took me years to appreciate salsa even though i used to hear it at the clubs around 20 years or so ago so it's fun to hear it all over again. I dont understand the lyrics so it is a little harder to find for me so if you guys know some good numbers feel free to post them.

I dont only like one type of music. I never really took to classical though. Save for a few of the more well known pieces.

Anyway, I'll look for some more back wall stuff when i have more time.

Last edited:
Back