Whatever happened to honesty?

scott3x said:
Can you cite an example where S.A.M. is shown to be adverse to upholding honesty? S.A.M. may not always be right, but there's a difference between being wrong about something and not supporting what you believe to be true.

You're probably right, I don't suspect Sam knows anything about honesty enough to be adverse to it.

Can you cite evidence that would suggest this?

A man is known by the company he keeps
FrontPageMag.com is a neo-conservative magazine founded by ex-Marxist (Trokskyite) turned neo-conservative activist David Horowitz. FrontPage's output ranges from old-fashioned red-baiting and neocon punditry, to pushing pro-Likud zionist propaganda

FrontPageMag.com is a neo-conservative magazine founded by ex-Marxist (Trokskyite) turned neo-conservative activist David Horowitz. FrontPage's output ranges from old-fashioned red-baiting and neocon punditry, to pushing pro-Likud zionist propaganda

Can't refute the facts, so attack the source. :rolleyes:

Can't refute the facts, so attack the source. :rolleyes:

With a prisoner who uses an alias and a neocon rag?

Ah so thats what "honesty" is?:rolleyes:

No wonder you find everyone "dishonest"

You have your own dictionary.

scott3x said:
(Q) said:
scott3x said:
Can you cite an example where S.A.M. is shown to be adverse to upholding honesty? S.A.M. may not always be right, but there's a difference between being wrong about something and not supporting what you believe to be true.

You're probably right, I don't suspect Sam knows anything about honesty enough to be adverse to it.

Generally speaking, I'd agree. Speaking of which, could you cite the source of what you just quoted ;-)?

scott3x said:
(Q) said:
scott3x said:

I wouldn't suspect someone like you to recognize honesty, Scott.

Why is that?

(Q) is a prisoner?

In a way although I was referring to someone else.

(Q) needs to sit back at some time and decide exactly what it means that he considers it necessary to malign people and points of view he disagrees with by aligning himself with such people.

(Q) needs to sit back at some time and decide exactly what it means that he considers it necessary to malign people and points of view he disagrees with by aligning himself with such people.

It is necessary for religious proponents such as yourself and DH to be exposed for your maligned beliefs in a militant cult.

Surely, if you're going to sit there spouting nonsense about how your holy book promotes war as the one and only answer to perceived disagreements, no one is ever going to take you seriously?

Perhaps tiassa would be good enough to split off all the personal bickering post 59 onwards?

Unless of course, he thinks we are giving ample demonstration of what happened to honesty?

You have linked to:
1. The thread I started concerning the collapse of the World Trade Center buildings on 9/11, a thread that spanned more then 2000 posts and included people who have been discussing the issue for years, including a mechanical engineer named Tony/Anthony Szamboti who has published peer reviewed papers on the subject, before it was shut down by Stryder.

2. My formal debate with Uno Hoo on the same subject.

3. My proposal to create the aforementioned debate.

4. The thread I created regarding the 9/11 pentagon attack, which was only given 3 days of life before it too was shut down by Stryder.

I would argue that, far from staining my name, those threads speak volumes of my wish to reveal the truth even when it's difficult to do so.

scott3x said:
S.A.M. said:

Generally speaking, I'd agree. Speaking of which, could you cite the source of what you just quoted ;-)?

Here it is:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=FrontPageMag.com

Thanks. Hadn't heard of sourcewatch though, so in this case, it didn't help too much...

scott3x said:
(Q) is a prisoner?

In a way although I was referring to someone else.

Who?

S.A.M. said:

Makes sense. The issue at present, is the veracity of claims, such as the one you got from sourcewatch.

Thanks. Hadn't heard of sourcewatch though, so in this case, it didn't help too much...

Sourcewatch is a wiki which documents the groups and individuals who shape public agenda.

Unlike other wikis however, you have to reference every opinion you have on it.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=SourceWatch
Welcome to SourceWatch—your guide to the names behind the news. SourceWatch is a collaborative project of the Center for Media and Democracy to produce a directory of the people, organizations and issues shaping the public agenda. A primary purpose of SourceWatch is documenting the PR and propaganda activities of public relations firms and public relations professionals engaged in managing and manipulating public perception, opinion and policy. SourceWatch also includes profiles on think tanks, industry-funded organizations and industry-friendly experts that work to influence public opinion and public policy on behalf of corporations, governments and special interests. Over time, SourceWatch has broadened to include others involved in public debates including media outlets, journalists, government agencies, activists and nongovernmental organizations. Unlike some other wikis, SourceWatch has a policy of strict referencing, and is overseen by a paid editor. SourceWatch has 43,165 articles.

Its bipartisan and merely presents the vested interests of individuals and organisations from all colours of the spectrum.

Another similar, but partisan website is rightweb. However it gives similar [though much more detailed information] on groups and individuals on the right side of the political spectrum.

I've been looking for a similar objective one for the left side but so far, no luck.

I think such media efforts are essential to assess the viewpoints in the light of vested interest. I suppose you could consider it another effort to maintain honesty in discourse, in what appears to be a steadily declining moral world.

Funny thing when you are being honest about things around here you usually get jumped on and called out for being racist, homophobic, etc.
A lot of people don't want to hear the truth and a lot of people are too scared to say the truth because of how others react.

Funny thing when you are being honest about things around here you usually get jumped on and called out for being racist, homophobic, etc.
A lot of people don't want to hear the truth and a lot of people are too scared to say the truth because of how others react.

Would you rather they were dishonest and pretended that you were not being homophobic when you made statements about gays being allowed to adopt? Being honest is not without consiequences you know. Its to your credit that you can rise above your concerns, but its people who hold opinions like that who make decisions that disenfranchised gays have no control over. Now that you know some gay people, perhaps you have some idea how traumatic this is for them.

So being honest is good if you do it, but you bitch when you get some honesty from others?

A lot of people pretend what they say is honest, when it isn't.

Back