What will we replace religion with?

Balerion,

You meant one or the other. Otherwise you would explain what you mean instead weaseling out.

So if you believe the universe came about by purely natural causes, and humanity has no purpose, you are religious?

Can't you answer the question?

That's your problem. ''No idea''.

No I just find you very funny. :)

Let me know where the word substitution comes into play.

:shrug:

I didn't say they were ''merely instructions'', please don't deliberately misquote me again, or I will put you on ignore. While it is amusing to dialogue with you, I'm not going to waste my time with your usual crap.

So what?

You're wasting my time Balerion.
Come up with a proper rebuttel.

My point is, you don't know, you believe based on what you think you know.
You're just arguing for the sake of it, aren't you?

You forgot to quote the term ''generally'' which followed after ''a god,'' which is no surprise to me as you have demonstrated yourself on more than one occasion to be liar. The term ''general'' simply means without regard to particulars or exceptions, not multiple gods.

Does it really?
I didn't see it when I put ''religion'' in the search engine. Can you provide the link?

Show me the link.

Very mature of you. :rolleyes:

I'm educating you on the meaning of religion.

Ah! Making up your own evidence. Typical.

Could it be that it is too close to the truth for comfort?

... yeah! What's your point?

jan.

Jan, your decision to play fast and loose with the English language, subsequent failure to comprehend my posts, and general lack of integrity (asking me to provide links to sites that I have already provided a link to, for the sole purpose of stalling) has made me realize something: this isn't worth it.

I'm done pleading with you to be honest while discussing subjects that are beyond your capacity to understand. Waste someone else's time. You aren't worth the headache.

The TRUTH ABOUT religion

For starters that Horus , born in 3000BC

Born Dec.25th

Born of a virgin

Star of the east

Adored by three kings

Teacher at 12

Baptized/Ministry at 30

12 disciples

Performed miracles ( healing the sick , walking on water )

Known by names as , lamb of god / " the light " , etc

Crucified

Dead for three days

Resurrected

Sound familar

Also

Attis , Greece , 1200BC

Krishna , India , 900BC

Dionysus , Greece , 500BC

Milhra , Persia , 1200BC

And many , many , others

All with the same attributes as jesus , long before jesus

Eye opening isn't it !!!!!

I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can show that this is true about Krishna.
If you pass, which I am confident that you will, will you retract this post (pending further investigation)?

jan.

Balerion,

Jan, your decision to play fast and loose with the English language, subsequent failure to comprehend my posts, and general lack of integrity (asking me to provide links to sites that I have already provided a link to, for the sole purpose of stalling) has made me realize something: this isn't worth it.

We're all aware of your bullshit tactics, and prejudice of religion, so go away and don't bother me anymore.

jan.

I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can show that this is true about Krishna.
If you pass, which I am confident that you will, will you retract this post (pending further investigation)?

jan.

Go here to see the research behind the Zeitgeist: the move , it is a pdf though

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/qa.html

Go a little more then half way down the page to , a debuncted title , you'll see where to click to get the file

You have read the whole pdf already ?

I've researched the claims of Acharya S.

I assume that you believe her claims which is why you regard it as ''THE TRUTH ABOUT RELIGION''.
If however you cannot answer my question, I am satisfied with that, and will accept your avoidance as evidence of that.

jan.

I've researched the claims of Acharya S.

I assume that you believe her claims which is why you regard it as ''THE TRUTH ABOUT RELIGION''.
If however you cannot answer my question, I am satisfied with that, and will accept your avoidance as evidence of that.

jan.

In the pdf the discussion of Krishna starts on pg. 37 , if you care to read

Go here to see the research behind the Zeitgeist: the move , it is a pdf though

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/qa.html

Go a little more then half way down the page to , a debuncted title , you'll see where to click to get the file

If you research beyond the youtube flicks and lame web sites you see the information is NOT credible.

The main thing is that they are historically inaccurate and just a few decade old mythologies.

Did you read the pdf. ?

I have not seen the link yet. You will find that many here are already familiar with the stuff you would link to...Been through these discussions more than a few times. Zeitgeist was wrong about Horus and you copied it, so i just dont see the point. Besides, aside from the fact that they are historically INACCURATE, have no corroborating evidence from that time period and i think people would have caught on and said "hey, this sounds a lot like Horus"...but no one ever noticed until after 1900's...nah, thanks anyway.

Unless there was something that stands out.

Something wrong there: For the most observant Jews, Yom Kippur is a day of fasting!...
Thanks for the correction. What holiday should my memory have produced? The one that the youngest male is asked: "Why is this night different from all other nights?" ... and some other question I forget. I don't remember what we ate, but it might have been unlivened bread with some bitter herbs.

Aren't you curious about the test to know you have used enough water to met the rule to wash hands before each meal? Ask your more well "Jewish schooled" wife if she knows.

I have not seen the link yet. You will find that many here are already familiar with the stuff you would link to...Been through these discussions more than a few times. Zeitgeist was wrong about Horus and you copied it, so i just dont see the point. Besides, aside from the fact that they are historically INACCURATE, have no corroborating evidence from that time period and i think people would have caught on and said "hey, this sounds a lot like Horus"...but no one ever noticed until after 1900's...nah, thanks anyway.

Unless there was something that stands out.

The point is , is to read why they think this way

Of course since you have NOT read the pdf. You have no idea of the proof , ideas , on which they base their contentions , on Horus and the others I mentioned , now do you ?

So read the pdf

The point is , is to read why they think this way

Of course since you have NOT read the pdf. You have no idea of the proof , ideas , on which they base their contentions , on Horus and the others I mentioned , now do you ?

So read the pdf

There is no proof. I am only concerned with actual evidence and facts. There is no grey area here. Isn't it better that people have more access to information today? If you had proof you would have posted it.

I am wondering if Horus was always fictional, always viewed as such from conception of say 3100 BC.

In the pdf the discussion of Krishna starts on pg. 37 , if you care to read

This is the first line.

Krishna, of India, born of the virgin Devaki with a “star in the east” signaling his
coming. He performed miracles with his disciples, and upon his death was
resurrected.

Wrong, straight of the bat. Kamsa, the renegade king, upon hearing that the eighth son of Devaki will kill him, set about killing her preceeding 7 sons.
How could she have been a virgin?

jan.

This is the first line.

Krishna, of India, born of the virgin Devaki with a “star in the east” signaling his
coming. He performed miracles with his disciples, and upon his death was
resurrected.

Wrong, straight of the bat. Kamsa, the renegade king, upon hearing that the eighth son of Devaki will kill him, set about killing her preceeding 7 sons.
How could she have been a virgin?

jan.

Quote the whole passage , if your going to quote at all from the pdf

If his birth isn't depicted properly, what is the point of reading further?

jan.
But there is still a similarity here with the Bible.
The Western translations of the "Virgin Mary" possibly should have meant "young woman Mary" or some such.
But the original translators for some reason misunderstood the term used.
And so the word "virgin" has stuck even if it possibly wasn't the original meaning.

Back