What is wrong with this logic?

Originally posted by hockeywings
I couldnt sit here and think of anyone i have talked to who was of that faith that said their god was not perfect. Not one.
So you're suggesting that a poor argument is OK if it has potential to work. Too bad.

Originally posted by Firefly
If he can't create something imperfect, doesn't that make him imperfect?

Exactly ! But hockeywings expects that perfect should create only perfects !!! ...cloning ?!!!:D Then created perfect = creating perfect and Gods everywhere....

everneo, you said "i don't think any good sculptor would satisfy with his work if doesn't represent his ideas better. "

And thats my point of this 'perfection'. If that sculpture is perfect his sculpture would represent his ideas perfectly. just as a perfect god would represent his 'ideas' perfectly, but god isnt only perfect in that respect but in EVERY respect so his creation would represent a perfect creation, his will would represent a perfect will, his benovolence would represent a perfect benevolence, his power would be a perfect power.
You also say "Why should God think "I should get better" ..!. and Why God should not think that his creations may get better as per his own schemes and schedule..! " I am not saying any imperfect god wouldnt be like this, but as someone later implies, it does limit his abilities to make any thing imperfect which we are.

Consequent, I am sorry I could do this through formal surveys and studies, but I thought this would be common sence but if you like I could do this too, which do you prefer taking common sence or me doing that? I will please your respects either way.

Firefly, that is why I personally believe perfection is in itself contradictory, but I am just trying to show that a perfect being (although I dont think this being could exist) couldnt have created us.

And everneo, how could that sculpture represent his ideas better if he already did it the best way? only clones....

Hockeywings,

Representing Him and His nature is different from
Representing His ideas. That is what i was trying to say.

There was another old trick - we can say paradox - to frame this poor guy called God !

It goes like this, "If God is omnipotent (ability to do anything and everything) can he create a big rock which He could not lift".

Never give God his free Will, just ask to reply Yes/No. Either answer will fix God to your satisfaction..!

:)

everneo,
"Never give God his free Will, just ask to reply Yes/No. Either answer will fix God to your satisfaction..!"

I dont know if i understand you correctly,but just as a side note, i dont think it would be possible to have free will and be completely perfect, considering free will is the ability to choose either side equally, and being perfect you would have the obligation to do what is right every time.

I dont understand what you are aknowledging with the statement, "Representing Him and His nature is different from
Representing His ideas. That is what i was trying to say." Please clarify

Imperfection and perfection are perceptions of people and God's perfection is not bound by any expectation, that too from unperfect humans, and he is free to do anything and free to do nothing if He feels that is the right thing.

HW ... a word of advice .. don't get too much pissed off by this fucking perfection obsession buddy... forget everything.. get on with life... C U in some other thread..

Bye and cheers..:D

lol, i understand where you are coming from, it just gets me when people throw around the word perfection and do not understand the consequences that ocme with it. people infer that you can get imperfection from perfection and that just can't be right, if people throw out the aspect of god being perfect, this has no merit.

I'll take your advice and I hope to see you in another thread :)

Originally posted by hockeywings
people infer that you can get imperfection from perfection and that just can't be right, if people throw out the aspect of god being perfect, this has no merit.
Repeating the same silliness over and over makes it no more cogent.

Back