What Is This?

electrafixtion

Registered Senior Member
4qzo0au.jpg

a broken link...?

you don't see the photo?

Incidentally, the photo is suspect although not proved as the product of photo manipulation to the best of my knowledge. Some photoshop experts say that it is whereas other experts do not believe that it is.

Btw if you claimed this to be something that flew over your house and you'd taken a picture with your camera, I'd ask you to provide an exact copy of the picture from your camera since all Camera's embed extra data into original pictures which modified copies don't have. Of course you probably didn't know that ;)

Of course I would go with the Photoshopped, you just have to look as the posed whispy clouds. they've been carefully doctored. Of course it would be more pronounced on a higher resolution image. Anything this size (which incidentally isn't a size that camera's tend to use as a standard) would be suspect.

This photoshop photo made its way to Sciforums back in 2004 or 2005 if memory serves correct. It was every bit as fake then.

Incidentally, the photo is suspect although not proved as the product of photo manipulation to the best of my knowledge. Some photoshop experts say that it is whereas other experts do not believe that it is.

JUST FUCKING SAY "IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE SHOPPED!"!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't look photoshopped to me.

I have no idea what it is.

It's not flying so it's not a UFO.

It's clearly stationary because it is held in place by an arm and it's not blurry at all.

Last edited:
It is a device that drains away the current from the power lines before anyone works on them I do believe. It's a gounding device.

It is a device that drains away the current from the power lines before anyone works on them I do believe. It's a gounding device.

Is that just a guess, or have you seen similar things?
It seems awfully complicated and elaborate for a simple ground.

I've seen something like it before but not as complex as this one. I'm only hazzarding to guess at this one though.

That makes sense. Interesting to note that the most fundamentalist and prejudiced people on the board were the quickest to cry "photoshop."

Actually I look at the image through some software to see it was actually shopped. (at least the clouds were)

Back