What is life? What does it mean to be living?

Honestly, there is little need for such things. We disagree, we can disagree, we're human. It's one of the abilities Humans, and only Humans, have.

On a prozaic note may I say that I have a resident cock robinn in my garden. If another shows up, they disagree asd to ownership of the territory.

?...

i'm a theosophist... do you know why hitler didn't like the jews? alice bailey who was a theosophist said that the jews were bad people and they had bad karma because they killed the messiah 2000 years ago.

even after 2000 years when jesus was reborn as hitler, he was still pissed off at the jews... when jesus was on the cross he tried to be like "father, forgive them", but he didn't forgive them!... just kidding... he did forgive them...

alice bailey was a good person... she didn't mean that the jews were bad. i admire her. and... take it with a grain of sugar

But Humans as individuals hold value, whereas some other animals, as individuals, are not even valuable to their own species. Individual ants, unless it's the queen, are disposable even to their own colonies, also true with bees.

Humans are far superior to any other creature by a milestone.

Another interesting thing which differs us from other creatures is that we are not subject to nature in the way they are. In a way, we can control nature.

But Humans as individuals hold value, whereas some other animals, as individuals, are not even valuable to their own species. Individual ants, unless it's the queen, are disposable even to their own colonies, also true with bees.

Humans are far superior to any other creature by a milestone.

Another interesting thing which differs us from other creatures is that we are not subject to nature in the way they are. In a way, we can control nature.

Congratulations on your ignorance.

It's from an intelligent standpoint. If a "creature" doesn't even know he himself exists, what does it matter if he "dies"?

That's why insects are exterminated en masse, because they're worthless.

Worthless ?

Doesn't matter if they die ?

As bees go missing, a $9.3B crisis lurks

A third of our food, from apples to zucchinis, begins with floral sex acts abetted by honeybees trucked around the country on 18-wheelers...

...in a honeybee-less world, almonds, blueberries, melons, cranberries, peaches, pumpkins, onions, squash, cucumbers, and scores of other fruits and vegetables would become as pricey as sumptuous old wine. Honeybees also pollinate alfalfa used to feed livestock, so meat and milk would get dearer as well...

In late June, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns starkly warned that "if left unchecked, CCD* has the potential to cause a $15 billion direct loss of crop production and $75 billion in indirect losses."

*colony collapse disorder

It's difficult to explain what I mean, and it's starting to get frustrating. Other animals are only valuable for their meat or their byproducts. They themselves, as a mind and personality and person and soul, are worthless.

Back