What if???

Wisdom_Seeker

Speaker of my truth
Valued Senior Member
What if suddenly, scientists encounter compelling evidence about God, that it is a fact. What if scientists discover that knowing oneself is the link to know God?
What if evidence points to the fact that each of us have the potential of being a God, with training of conscience and powerfull insight?
What if scientists discover that Zarathustra, Lao-Tzu, Mahavira, Jesus Christ, Gautam Buddha.. ammong others were right!!

I´m talking about compelling non-refutable evidence, would you need to change how you live and how you are in order to accomodate this new scenario?

my belief in god being an energy also includes that since we all have god in us, some of us can... train our energy i guess or be born with more of a certain energy in us.. supernatural all that.. i think its very possible..

shit im already trying to get there..

I would ask what the point of it all is if we can be Gods ourselves.

The point is, if you suffer, the whole existence suffers and if you are happy, the whole existence is happy; that is what being a God is all about. The struggle within ourselves, is the same struggle that God has, because there is no separation.
I´m talking about 1 God, that unifies all beings and creatures in origin and purpose of existing; so, we all have the same purpose of existence, as well as every other living creature there is and has ever been in the entire Universe (or multi-verse).

The point is, if you suffer, the whole existence suffers and if you are happy, the whole existence is happy; that is what being a God is all about. The struggle within ourselves, is the same struggle that God has, because there is no separation.
I´m talking about 1 God, that unifies all beings and creatures in origin and purpose of existing; so, we all have the same purpose of existence, as well as every other living creature there is and has ever been in the entire Universe (or multi-verse).

Just asking:
How can there be 1 God when we can all become Gods ourselves ?
What is this purpose you are talking about ?

Just asking:
How can there be 1 God when we can all become Gods ourselves ?
What is this purpose you are talking about ?

Because we are not really separate, we are all 1 and only "being", we normally call "God". The separations you see, are a product of God´s endless mind, therefore, our own minds.
There is no purpose, but life itself.

Because we are not really separate, we are all 1 and only "being", we normally call "God". The separations you see, are a product of God´s endless mind, therefore, our own minds.
There is no purpose, but life itself.

So what harm is there in not believing in myself then ?

You say that I am one with God, but I don't believe i God.. :shrug:

That makes no difference at all, you don´t believe in the concept you have of God; and that is allright, that is nothing but honesty. But you do believe you exist don´t you?
God is as unlikely as you being an individual with life and conscience.

My purpose of this thread is not to "prove God", that cannot be done like this. My purpose is to see if you honestly think that you literally are God, then whatever emotions you have, whatever thoughts you have, will have an impact on the whole Universe; would you continue being who you are right now?

After all, you would be creating a whole Universe just by thinking, like God.

What if suddenly, scientists encounter compelling evidence about God, that it is a fact. What if scientists discover that knowing oneself is the link to know God?
What if evidence points to the fact that each of us have the potential of being a God, with training of conscience and powerfull insight?
What if scientists discover that Zarathustra, Lao-Tzu, Mahavira, Jesus Christ, Gautam Buddha.. ammong others were right!!

I´m talking about compelling non-refutable evidence, would you need to change how you live and how you are in order to accomodate this new scenario?

Evidence like walking on water, raising the dead, talking burning bushes, etc? I think scientists would love access to all that very important empirical data.

Much as I am personally frustrated by some the the LYING and HYPOCRISY, some scientists are willing to do for a paycheck(like many other fields), one has to admire at least the intention of revealing the truth, via the removal of lies. This is something the most dogmatic dogmatists of religion could do very well to learn.

That makes no difference at all, you don´t believe in the concept you have of God; and that is allright, that is nothing but honesty. But you do believe you exist don´t you?
God is as unlikely as you being an individual with life and conscience.
I strongly disagree.

My purpose of this thread is not to "prove God", that cannot be done like this. My purpose is to see if you honestly think that you literally are God, then whatever emotions you have, whatever thoughts you have, will have an impact on the whole Universe; would you continue being who you are right now?
Why yes, why not. This is who I am. And I don't believe that, but you already guessed that I think :)

After all, you would be creating a whole Universe just by thinking, like God.
Then I can't be God.

I strongly disagree.
What do you strongly disagree with? That the existence of a human being with conscience, and power of imagination is not a miracle by itself? It is highly unlikely that a being with such attributes to evolve in this Universe full of nothing but potential.

Why yes, why not. This is who I am. And I don't believe that, but you already guessed that I think :)
Nothing is twice the same, you are going to be a totally different person tomorrow than you are today; you have the power of transforming, changing your attitude towards the world and yourself. Why would you say: "this is who I am"? It makes no sense, you are going to be a totally different person next year, if you are not, it only means you are not learning anything in your passage through life.

Then I can't be God.
If you are a creator of Universes with the power of thought; that is what we call God, "the creator". Isn´t it?

I share the God within idea as you do so I'm already in belief of God.
As to the question: I do TRY and avoid a lot of the earthly material desires but admit it is difficult at times.
Since I have come to this belief thou and by following the teachings of the Goddess of Wisdom (Aset) and the example left by Jesus, Krishna and others
it is getting easier as time goes on for me to be not obsessed with gaining material possesions, being too concerned about trivial matters that many dwell on,etc.
I used to meditate more in the past and feel now it is something I need to begin once again to aid me in focusing on achieving these goals.

What do you strongly disagree with? That the existence of a human being with conscience, and power of imagination is not a miracle by itself? It is highly unlikely that a being with such attributes to evolve in this Universe full of nothing but potential.
It is highly unlikely to discover an organism on another planet that is exactly the same as a human, granted. Evolution "works" with chance. It is also highly unlikely to win the lottery, but still people do.
But I strongly disagreed with your assertion that 'God is as unlikely as you being an individual with life and conscience.' God is far FAR more unlikely then I.

Nothing is twice the same, you are going to be a totally different person tomorrow than you are today; you have the power of transforming, changing your attitude towards the world and yourself. Why would you say: "this is who I am"? It makes no sense, you are going to be a totally different person next year, if you are not, it only means you are not learning anything in your passage through life.
Yes, that is an aspect of who I am. I don't need to be a God to be myself.

If you are a creator of Universes with the power of thought; that is what we call God, "the creator". Isn´t it?
I have never at any time created a universe, as far as I know.

Buddha and Lao Tse were right, science has already shown the benefits of meditation.

I think it's highly unlikely for science to show proof of Gods, since these conceptions are (deliberately) to amorphous to test.

If proof were discovered, it would still not prove anything about any specific religion.

You might even be "correct" with all that. Really though, you expect scientists to quantify all that? Thats what they do, quantify things. I just don't think you can mix and match science and ..."the soul". I wish you could, I think I myself mix the two far too much.

Consider the legend of Lemurian Cataclysm and survivors. One section of the dying people choose the discipline of science(legendary Atlanteans) and the other half threw themselves into the knowledge of the self(eventually the legendary Rama Empire). The bible has man pick this one off right off the bat, eat the apple or don't. A common theme of the past and repeated many times. Perhaps the near perfect society would meld the two quite well. we seem to pursue science/technology/new shit to pluginto these days without even considering if it serves US better.

It is highly unlikely to discover an organism on another planet that is exactly the same as a human, granted. Evolution "works" with chance. It is also highly unlikely to win the lottery, but still people do.
But I strongly disagreed with your assertion that 'God is as unlikely as you being an individual with life and conscience.' God is far FAR more unlikely then I.
You only say that because you have had the experience of being an individual, so you know that can be possible, you have experienced it; but you haven´t experienced the "whole energy field", aka God. Therefore you don´t believe due to lack of the experience of "knowing" the God you are told about.

I have never at any time created a universe, as far as I know.
You have, with your own thoughts; each of us creates our own "heaven or hell", with our thoughts. And we will be made responsible for it (the first monster that appeared to Buddha in his path to enlightment, the personification of all his life´s thoughts).

You only say that because you have had the experience of being an individual, so you know that can be possible, you have experienced it; but you haven´t experienced the "whole energy field", aka God. Therefore you don´t believe due to lack of the experience of "knowing" the God you are told about.
Lets assume you are right, how do I get to experience God then ?

You have, with your own thoughts; each of us creates our own "heaven or hell", with our thoughts. And we will be made responsible for it (the first monster that appeared to Buddha in his path to enlightment, the personification of all his life´s thoughts).
Do you have any proof of my universes ? I sure haven't. :shrug:

You might even be "correct" with all that. Really though, you expect scientists to quantify all that? Thats what they do, quantify things. I just don't think you can mix and match science and ..."the soul". I wish you could, I think I myself mix the two far too much.
No I don´t expect all this to be quantified; that would require a level of storage and processing our technology will probably never achieve. But, this thread is not about how it should be quantified, but rather: "if it was quantified, what would you do?"

Consider the legend of Lemurian Cataclysm and survivors. One section of the dying people choose the discipline of science(legendary Atlanteans) and the other half threw themselves into the knowledge of the self(eventually the legendary Rama Empire). The bible has man pick this one off right off the bat, eat the apple or don't. A common theme of the past and repeated many times. Perhaps the near perfect society would meld the two quite well. we seem to pursue science/technology/new shit to pluginto these days without even considering if it serves US better.
Yes you are right, we are taking comfort to a whole new level now; to the point were is no longer comfort, but almost slavery. I trust this will change in time, because nature has a way of leveling things out, like in the legend you talk about.

Back