What If Everybody Became Muslim? (but of different sects)

What would happen when the world becomes Islamic?

• Ahh peace at last! Shias, Sunnis, Suffis & Khalifites living in mutual peace & respect.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • More chaos as muslims would turn to persecuting those who aint Islamic enough like whats happening i

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The islamic world would just be as messy as the multi-religion world.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I dont know but im sure the world would go back to what it was in the 7th century.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I dont know.

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Medicine Woman said:
M*W: How do you know what I've seen? You don't know me. You don't know the visions I have. You don't know the knowledge I've been given. Who are you to say I haven't seen the future. You haven't seen the future because you are not spiritually blessed. Maybe I am. Who are you to say anything about me or my visions? Sure. I could be making it all up, but why would I do that? I know what I know. I've been blessed. Apparently, you aren't.

Visions, seen the future? then you would know its Christian.
stop letting demons posses you, you'll have less visions, need less drugs,
stop being xian, become CHRISTian
then you might truly be blessed

"Christoph Luxenberg" is a pseudonym:
Luxenberg-a pseudonym-is one of a small but growing group of scholars, most of them working in non-Muslim countries, studying the language and history of the Qur'an. When his new book is published this fall, it's likely to be the most far-reaching scholarly commentary on the Qur'an's early genesis, taking this infant discipline far into uncharted- and highly controversial-territory. That's because Islamic orthodoxy considers the holy book to be the verbatim revelation of Allah, speaking to his prophet, Muhammad, through the Angel Gabriel, in Arabic. Therefore, critical study of God's undiluted word has been off-limits in much of the Islamic world. (For the same reason, translations of the Qur'an are never considered authentic.) Islamic scholars who have dared ignore this taboo have often found themselves labeled heretics and targeted with death threats and violence. Luxenberg, a professor of Semitic languages at one of Germany's leading universities, has chosen to remain anonymous because he fears a fatwa by enraged Islamic extremists.

Luxenberg's chief hypothesis is that the original language of the Qur'an was not Arabic but something closer to Aramaic. He says the copy of the Qur'an used today is a mistranscription of the original text from Muhammad's time, which according to Islamic tradition was destroyed by the third caliph, Osman, in the seventh century. But Arabic did not turn up as a written language until 150 years after Muhammad's death, and most learned Arabs at that time spoke a version of Aramaic. Rereading the Paradise passage in Aramaic, the mysterious houris turn into raisins and fruit-much more common components of the Paradise myth.
I'm not sure any complete translation according to Luxenberg's theory has been put together. But I'm almost positive I've heard talk of it somewhere. The Newsweek article got coverage on the cable majors, but I can't remember if I actually heard the idea of a new translation being made at that time.

Path ... your link is better than either of the ones I came up with.

• Rense.com "Fruit, Not Females Promised in Islam Afterlife." See http://www.rense.com/general45/islamafter.htm

See Also -

• ParaPundit. "Newsweek Article About Christoph Luxenberg On Koran Banned In Pakistan." See http://www.parapundit.com/archives/001519.html

Back