what happens if?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have an iron enclosed chemistry set.
Indeed!

One can say iron is overkill. Many of us who grew up in the 70s had the elements enclosed in nothing but a cardboard box! :D

ChemcraftSet.JPG

however...
the iron would become electrically charged by the solar wind which would probably ignite the contents like a high pressure oven!?!?!?

you may wish to get more detailed to get a better precision of answer for your question.
I don think more detail is necessary...

What I'm talking about is very dangerous, but the reward is insurmountable.

I would hypothesize the further away from iron a material lies on the periodic table the more reactive in general.

While the upheld belief measures reactivity with atmospheric bias as well as other forms of bias.
So according to you, gold should be more reactive than iron. And helium should be more reactive than, say, potassium.

I see.

So according to you, gold should be more reactive than iron. And helium should be more reactive than, say, potassium.

I see.
I'm saying with respect to iron hydrogen is more reactive than gold. Using iron as a standard for reactivity.

Beaconator said:
H+He+Li+Be+B+C+N+O+F+Ne+Na+Be+Al+Si+P+S+Cl+Ar+K+Ca+Sc+Ti+V+ Cr+Mn+ 26 Fe=?
You don't need any of that.

Just check out the Urey-Miller experiment and see millions of chemical reactions take place.
330px-MUexperiment.png

The experiment supported Alexander Oparin's and J. B. S. Haldane's hypothesis that putative conditions on the primitive Earth favoured chemical reactions that synthesized more complex organic compounds from simpler inorganic precursors. Considered to be the classic experiment investigating abiogenesis, it was conducted in 1952[3] by Stanley Miller, with assistance from Harold Urey, at the University of Chicago and later the University of California, San Diego and published the following year.
After Miller's death in 2007, scientists examining sealed vials preserved from the original experiments were able to show that there were actually well over 20 million different amino acids produced in Miller's original experiments.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller–Urey_experiment

You don't need any of that.

the room for interpretation leeway is so large its like a tarot card scam in thread form.
however...
maybe shim means all elements being simultaneously bonded with iron...

that would require a quantum computer and some very expensive programming for something that would have possibly vastly varying results.
chaos theory would probably need to be used as an algorithm to formulate probable systemic confluence.

my brain tells me it would end up being 80% computer generated art.

maybe shim means all elements being simultaneously bonded with iron...
If that is chemically "allowed" at all. You cannot just throw a bunch of chemicals together and expect some kind of orderly processto ensue.

Chemistry follows very specific "rules", especially when there is a multitude of chemicals present.

That where evolution starts.

If that is chemically "allowed" at all. You cannot just throw a bunch of chemicals together and expect some kind of orderly processto ensue.

Chemistry follows very specific "rules", especially when there is a multitude of chemicals present.

That where evolution starts.

my attention has been mused by the point at which gravity takes over and engages in the reactive process.

does the gravitational field intrinsically change the nature of the elements to a point where it presents a different physical property of the core attribute ?

i.e/e.g the surface of the sun

my attention has been mused by the point at which gravity takes over and engages in the reactive process.

does the gravitational field intrinsically change the nature of the elements to a point where it presents a different physical property of the core attribute ?

i.e/e.g the surface of the sun
I would hazard that all significant external influences such as gravity, pressure, temperature,
affect chemical reactions,

Interestingly, one can find oil but also vinegar in places where the earth's crust has subducted thousand of feet down into the interior.

And I just ran across this big little marvel of natural self-organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back