What does religion do for mankind that the statement "Be kind" doesn't do better?

That analogy fails in the sense that a doctor generally posses greater knowledge and skill regarding the practice of medicine than the layman, while the preacher has no more knowledge of an actual god than those they preach to, in this case it’s essentially the blind leading the blind.

That’s not what it’s about.
A preacher can be an atheist pretending to know about God. Jim Jones is an obvious and perfect example.
It may even be the case that 99% of preachers fall into this category, but it says nothing about the reality of God.

Jan.

That’s not what it’s about.
A preacher can be an atheist pretending to know about God. Jim Jones is an obvious and perfect example.
It may even be the case that 99% of preachers fall into this category, but it says nothing about the reality of God.

Jan.
It wasn't about the reality of gods. It was about the efficacy of religion.
Easy to confuse, conflate or confound the two.

Lefties are to blame for fundy illiteracy, got it.
How about the fundy dishonesty - same cause?
Well, that's down to atheists, regardless of political stance.
Fundies need something to balance the unfair advantage atheists take of facts and reason.
Their expertise is equivalent.
Why would you think otherwise?
99% charlatanism in medicine would result in a 1% patient recovery rate.
This is not the case.
In fact, it's not even the case with clergy.
Granted, people are not expected to recover from religion, and yet approximately 14% do.

You claim a poster has trouble with English and you use the, "word", "fundie", in your post, when you mean, "fundamentalist." B-)

Hardly. If you have an intelligent response, make it.

To refresh your memory, the question is: How is your God different from rubbing crystals? Be specific.
Your q appears so plainly asinine. If you expect some sort of response, you would have to explain how they could possibly be similar.

A poor fund of knowledge makes a clean, high-octane fuel, compared to a rich fund of superstition, which makes an inefficient polluting fuel.
But, Oh, how I wish I could much less comprehend an analogy!
Actually a poor fund of knowledge doesn't make anything capable of performance. Therein lies the problem driving the maintenance of your staged comprehension difficulties.

Your case is more akin to deliberately manufacturing poor performing fuel because, IYHO, fuel manufacturing "is like, duuuh."

Your q appears so plainly asinine.
Nobody else seems to think so. Maybe you just can't tell your asinine from your elbow.
If you expect some sort of response...
I know you well enough not to expect an intelligent response from you.
... you would have to explain how they could possibly be similar.
If you claim there's a difference, the onus is on you to point it out. I have already mentioned the similarities. I pointed out in message #32 that neither God nor crystal-rubbing has any (demonstrable, repeatable, etc.) effects.

I'm asking you. Do you have an answer or are you just going to continue spewing empty bluster?
If you can't explain the intelligent basis of your question your interests are best served by asking it to people who are not concerned by such prerequisites (such as pastafarian fart joke cracking atheists, for example).

Back