What does God do?

In this earlier post you claim that incompatablist (nondeterministic) free will to be a viable alternative to determinism. Was this condition only meant to apply to God? Or to the rest of us as well?

Just to god , the abrahamic god .

Certainly not us Humans . At least that is the plan .

Are you saying that God has free will but wee don't?

Yes

But going on

Because money , the value of money is easily manipulated by those in power .

What Lincoln and JFK TRIED to do is take away the central bank of America power by , bypassing the central bank and creating a debt free money by way of the Treasury instead . Both were assinated because of this .

Last edited:
What Lincoln and JFK TRIED to do is take away the central bank of America power by , bypassing the central bank and creating a debt free money by way of the Treasury instead . Both were assinated because of this .
Since those two US presidents didn't have free will, nor did their assasins, God must have engineered their assassinations.

What does God do?
Does quite a lot, I believe. If you give him credit for the universe and all it contains, wouldn't that be an ongoing project? Something as personal as your own body might serve as a good example. It is self-regulating for the most part. You're simply on it for the ride.

If you give him credit for the universe and all it contains

I don't

wouldn't that be an ongoing project?

So what has been seen to have been done since kick off? which can be attributed to god?

Something as personal as your own body might serve as a good example

Only if you first accept the idea of god in the first place

. You're simply on it for the ride.

Interesting concept of separating the automatic body activity from self determined action

The body is a two in one unit???

:)

What if the universe is self regulating, and like the rest of us, gods are along for the ride as well?

The self regulation of the Universe is called physics and no gods (who by definition can defy physics) have been detected

The self regulation of the Universe is called physics and no gods (who by definition can defy physics) have been detected

Physics is a discipline constructed to study and describe the regulation of the universe, what ultimately makes it tick is still waiting to be fully described. Whether or not there are godlike entities that are a cause of that process, or an effect of it remains to be seen.

Physics is a discipline constructed to study and describe the regulation of the universe, what ultimately makes it tick is still waiting to be fully described. Whether or not there are godlike entities that are a cause of that process, or an effect of it remains to be seen.

Agree

I'll take a guess at every stage of discovery of workings and explaination of the workings no god is going to pop up and say
"Boo, it's me doing this"

Does quite a lot, I believe. If you give him credit for the universe and all it contains, wouldn't that be an ongoing project?
Well, therein lies the question: aside from what he did long ago, what does god do now?

Are you asserting that he joins little hydrogen atoms to little oxygen atoms? That he lifts the clouds up over the oceans? That he holds the Moon in its path around the Earth?

Well, therein lies the question: aside from what he did long ago, what does god do now?

Are you asserting that he joins little hydrogen atoms to little oxygen atoms? That he lifts the clouds up over the oceans? That he holds the Moon in its path around the Earth?
I assert he is that and more.

I assert he is that and more.
OK, to be clear, you're saying that our laws of physics are misunderstandings?

That the Moon does not follow an elliptical orbit around the Earth because the Moon and Earth both have mass, and, dependent on their distance from each other, this ellipse is the path followed - you're saying God is actively, consciously moving the Moon around the Earth, and that if he stopped, the Moon would stop?

That oxygen and hydrogen atoms don't stick together because of known chemical physics - but because God is actively sticking each one together?

OK, to be clear, you're saying that our laws of physics are misunderstandings?

That the Moon does not follow an elliptical orbit around the Earth because the Moon and Earth both have mass, and, dependent on their distance from each other, this ellipse is the path followed - you're saying God is actively, consciously moving the Moon around the Earth, and that if he stopped, the Moon would stop?

That oxygen and hydrogen atoms don't stick together because of known chemical physics - but because God is actively sticking each one together?
Any attempt to discuss this is fraught with problems if you insist God is merely a bigger version of yourself .... more intelligent, more powerful, but inevitably fumbling around in a universe that challenges your dominance at every moment.

Any attempt to discuss this is fraught with problems if you insist God is merely a bigger version of yourself .... more intelligent, more powerful, but inevitably fumbling around in a universe that challenges your dominance at every moment.
Well, I'm not insisting; I'm trying to get to the root of Bowser's belief/assertion.

If he believes that God is actively moving the planets and atoms around, then our models of how the world works are way off.

Well, I'm not insisting; I'm trying to get to the root of Bowser's belief/assertion.

If he believes that God is actively moving the planets and atoms around, then our models of how the world works are way off.
Yes, because we inevitably fumble around in a universe at the mercy of physical laws, as opposed to enacting them

Back