What do you enjoy viewing in the night sky?

So, I recently bought a telephoto lens for my iphone, and decided to take some pics of the moon earlier. Not bad. With just my cell phone camera, the moon always looks like a white dot, or at night, a glowy blob. I think this is an improvement. I have a tripod for my cell phone and plan to use it next time, as to lessen the blur. I took pics tonight without the lens and the sky was much bluer, so this lens probably distorts colors when an object is too far away.

IND3mPk.jpg

Those photos are beautiful, Pinball1970 ! They could be seen as far as the southern eastern portion of Florida here in the states, but of course, I didn’t see them. :(

What a shame, the event was the largest coronal event for a decade. Did you catch the eclipse?
I did! A neighbor gave me a pair of those special glasses and it looked like a crescent. In 20 years, I think it will be visible in its entirety in the southeast. So they say. Did you see it?

I did! A neighbor gave me a pair of those special glasses and it looked like a crescent. In 20 years, I think it will be visible in its entirety in the southeast. So they say. Did you see it?
Are they not saying we are likely to get a repeat in a few weeks?

I already saw them some 40 years ago so I can bear it if I miss them again this time.

The Eagle Nebula picture was terrific.

Are they not saying we are likely to get a repeat in a few weeks?

I already saw them some 40 years ago so I can bear it if I miss them again this time.

The Eagle Nebula picture was terrific.
I’m referring to on August 12th, 2045, there will be a total eclipse over Florida. :)

Not visible from the UK. I went to Hungary in 1999 to see the eclipse there. That was amazing.

So, I recently bought a telephoto lens for my iphone, and decided to take some pics of the moon earlier. Not bad. With just my cell phone camera, the moon always looks like a white dot, or at night, a glowy blob. I think this is an improvement. I have a tripod for my cell phone and plan to use it next time, as to lessen the blur. I took pics tonight without the lens and the sky was much bluer, so this lens probably distorts colors when an object is too far away.

IND3mPk.jpg
This is so awesome. I did not know you could put a telephoto lens on an iphone!

Back