What CAN'T you Buy?

TruthSeeker said:
When will economy stop being dictated by concentration of resources.....? :rolleyes:

When people stop judging each through the amount of wealth they have...or never.

Besides...that question you pose is the most redundant ever.

Equality!?!?!?!? Which Equality!?!?!?!?
its a work in progress, but it is better than it was before. dont get me wrong, there is still a along way to go.

sargentlard said:
When people stop judging each through the amount of wealth they have...or never.
It is not just that. They can buy justice and policies, ya know? :rolleyes:

cato said:
its a work in progress, but it is better than it was before. dont get me wrong, there is still a along way to go.
One of the reasons why I became the poverty thread was to be able to draw statistics fairly quickly. So here are a couple of statistics that I draw your attention to:

• While global GNP grew 40 percent between 1970 and 1985 (suggesting widening prosperity), the number of poor grew by 17 percent.
  • Three decades ago, the people in well-to-do countries were 30 times better off than those in countries where the poorest 20 percent of the world's people live. By 1998, this gap had widened to 82 times (up from 61 times since 1996).

So.... no, it is not better than it was before. :bugeye:

Back