What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

Greatest I am

Valued Senior Member
What’s with Protestants and Catholics and their hate of knowledge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Xv4mV1BIs

In the early years, the Catholics hierarchy was against the reading of scriptures. In that day, to question any dogma was often met with violence. It took Martin Luther to end Catholic monopoly of biblical interpretation yet it can be argued that he did so for political, monetary and not religious reasons. Germany was losing too much wealth to Rome and he used his theses against indulgences to split from the Catholic Church.

Since that day, the Spanish inquisition, and Catholic/Protestant policies have pushes for only the biblical interpretations that have been sanctioned by the various Church hierarchies to be accepted. IOW, they are to control your theosis or apotheosis.

Being a Gnostic Christian, I of course ignore such commands. If you are one of faith then you cannot. You must kowtow to whatever sect you belong to and believe as they believe.

Most Catholics and Protestants I talk to tell me that we are not to judge God. Strange as this condition excludes them of course, as they have judged their God to be good. The rest of us are fine if we agree and since we cannot judge God on our own, we are not allowed to judge anything but good. Judging God as evil is not allowed.

To judge, one needs knowledge first and foremost. Eden shows that God did not want Adam and Eve to have knowledge of good and evil. The early Catholic Church followed suit by burning competing gospels and killing members of other Christian sects that did not convert. Protestant sects and their hierarchies, by insisting that theosis is under their guidance only, also discourage questioning and judging and acquiring knowledge.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.
Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther

What do the churches fear with a more intelligent population?

Are they afraid that with knowledge, people will stop believing in talking animals and other fantasies, miracles and magic and realize that their faith has no clothes?

http://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/se...fr=yfp-t-715&ei=utf-8&fr2=piv-web&n=21&tnr=20

Are so called religious folk following religions and Gods or are they following tradition and culture as this following indicates?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYigmGyN2RQ&feature=youtu.be

Is that why the various Abrahamic cults are not reconciling their doctrinal differences and not seeking knowledge and unification?

A & E were punished for seeking knowledge and becoming as Gods.
The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

The Church punishes any that seek knowledge that does not match Church dogma. True or not.

Just how stupid does the Church want their adherents? Do they want slaves the same way their God does?

As a believer, just how big of a blinder are you willing to wear to follow your Church and God?

How much B S are you willing to eat from your Church hierarchy to maintain the delusion that you believe in an invisible miracle working absentee super God?

Regards
DL

1) I am a believer , I don't belong to any CHurch , I am free to come and go,
2) I am not wearing any blinders . I am of free will , but choose to adhere to my Creator , that is my choice . and I like to be in the hands of my Creator.
3) Church hierarchy does not exist for me.

Now to you, How ignorant can you be to believe , the living organism stared without a designer, why do you believe that life started by accident.

1) I am a believer , I don't belong to any CHurch , I am free to come and go,
2) I am not wearing any blinders . I am of free will , but choose to adhere to my Creator , that is my choice . and I like to be in the hands of my Creator.
3) Church hierarchy does not exist for me.

Now to you, How ignorant can you be to believe , the living organism stared without a designer, why do you believe that life started by accident.

I believe that if there was any evidence to the contrary, the I D side of the house would not have lied and distorted the truth at the I D trial.

I personally think that neither science nor religion can ever make the case.
Science admits that they cannot get past the big bang.
Christians say they can.

Who is telling the truth and who has lied in the past or tried to prevent science from making their case and what does that tell you?

You support liars instead of those who speak the truth.

Regards
DL

Who is telling the truth and who has lied in the past or tried to prevent science from making their case and what does that tell you?

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't know what is the truth , Nor I know who is telling the truth, I read and listen, and I choose my own believe . I do associate with people who believe some what I believe and with those who do not share my views

Regards
DL

Sorry I don't know what is the truth , Nor I know who is telling the truth, I read and listen, and I choose my own believe . I do associate with people who believe some what I believe and with those who do not share my views[/QUOTE]

And if that view in to not follow a genocidal bible God who does not mind having his son needlessly murdered, I do not mind.

If you push that God then shame on you.

Regards
DL

Sorry I don't know what is the truth , Nor I know who is telling the truth, I read and listen, and I choose my own believe . I do associate with people who believe some what I believe and with those who do not share my views

And if that view in to not follow a genocidal bible God who does not mind having his son needlessly murdered, I do not mind.

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

God is God and I am His creation . You are looking at God what is written in the bible and the bible is written by man and his activity and his wishes, so our interpretation or misinterpretation according the what the text writing
About JC. there are other explanation . JC had option , but he voluntaty choose the path. Think about it if it not be because JC this world would be different

Regards
DL

God is God and I am His creation . You are looking at God what is written in the bible and the bible is written by man and his activity and his wishes, so our interpretation or misinterpretation according the what the text writing
About JC. there are other explanation . JC had option , but he voluntaty choose the path. Think about it if it not be because JC this world would be different[/QUOTE]

So you think that is is good justice to murder an innocent victim so that the guilty can walk.

Rather immoral that.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Educate yourself on justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaQpRZJl18&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-91mSkxaXs

Do you still maintain your position?
If so, think of this from the victim's POV.

Still think that skapegoating is a good moral position?

Regards
DL

About JC. there are other explanation . JC had option , but he voluntaty choose the path. Think about it if it not be because JC this world would be different

Rather immoral that.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Educate yourself on justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaQpRZJl18&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-91mSkxaXs

Do you still maintain your position?
If so, think of this from the victim's POV.

Still think that skapegoating is a good moral position?

Regards
DL[/QUOTE]

Please don't give me your propaganda on youtube , speak for your self.

If you would be a god what kind of human would you create ?

Speaking of sacrifice : what kind of personalty is the individual who sacrifice for other , ( remember in one of your posts { youtube } yo showed an individual rescuing a drowning person ) and that was a moral act , you do a moral act when you know what is good and bad.
Accordingly God created a living being that have a free will. So what would be your creation ? By the way do you have children ?

arauka

You mean this clip I think.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5E7FF56AF1D1A09177855E7FF56AF1D1&FORM=LKVR38#

"yo showed an individual rescuing a drowning person ) and that was a moral act , you do a moral act when you know what is good and bad."

Exactly. And in the myth of Adam and Eve, they would be like those young innocent people that had no idea of what was good or evil.

Rather ugly right?

"Speaking of sacrifice : what kind of personalty is the individual who sacrifice for other ,"

This is a rather weird sacrifice to begin with because Jesu/God sacrificing something to Jesus/God because Jesus/God said it was required.

What kind of personality is that God?
He is self-aggrandizing to the point of having his own son murdered when there was absolutely no need for it. I call that insanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoHP-f-_F9U

"By the way do you have children ? "

Yes. Four boys, now men.

If like God, I determined that a death was required, I would not be as cowardly or criminally insane enough to send my child.
Children are to bury their parents. Not God's way, where the parents bury their children.

Who would die in your case? You or your child?

Regards
DL

arauka

We do't know God's personality and if some one claim he knows he or she is a lier .
Simce you have children you must know what kind of beings you would like , curious to grow or baby you like to carry them all the time .

You did not answer my question what kind of god would you be

He is self-aggrandizing to the point of having his own son murdered when there was absolutely no need for it. I call that insanity.

Yes. Four boys, now men.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We do't know God's personality and if some one claim he knows he or she is a lier .
Simce you have children you must know what kind of beings you would like , curious to grow or baby you like to carry them all the time .

Do you think if Jesus would not died would we have Christianity ?

Genesis 2.17;
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Romans 16.17;
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Colossians 2.8;
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Ecclesiastes 1.17;
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Galatians 3.11;
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

If you are going to deism, I have no problem. But if it is theistic evolution, creationism or Id, look up some good books on evoultion. We are here without any design and abiogenesis is a materialstic process, especially when the early life forms are life prions and viruses - barely alive. From them we came, of that we are sure. Just like we are pushing back our knowledge towards big bang, we are doing the same for abiogenesis. But just because we dont know doesn't mean you should insert a god of the gaps.

arauka

Yes. Four boys, now men.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Do you think if Jesus would not died would we have Christianity ?

More moral than bible God.

You did not answer my question either.

Who would die? You or your child?

Regards
DL

Genesis 2.17;
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Romans 16.17;
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Colossians 2.8;
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Ecclesiastes 1.17;
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Galatians 3.11;
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Regards
DL

If you are going to deism, I have no problem. But if it is theistic evolution, creationism or Id, look up some good books on evoultion. We are here without any design and abiogenesis is a materialstic process, especially when the early life forms are life prions and viruses - barely alive. From them we came, of that we are sure. Just like we are pushing back our knowledge towards big bang, we are doing the same for abiogenesis. But just because we dont know doesn't mean you should insert a god of the gaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weu7Rh6dYrM

Creationists lied and distorted the truth at the I D trial.
If they had something that held water more than the scientific evidence, they would have won the case.
Lying says they knew they had lost before going in.

Regards
DL

What is biogenesis , what does it mean , is it a beginning of life or before life ,
because when you mention prion and viruses, that is already part made by living organism. So let say we know how it started , can we make it without biological help ? And of we just duplicate someones work, Who ever that someone is

More moral than bible God.

You did not answer my question either.

Who would die? You or your child?

Regards
DL

Sorry, Since God is immortal death does nit have any meaning. God is spirit the flesh is mortal.
you want to compare father and child in a human form , with an offspring if spiritual entity ,
Finally in the relation of God and Jesus , Jesus did not die , just the flesh stopped functioning and the worms did not take his flesh apart. But suffering yes He did both ways.

Regards
DL

In regard God knew . I take it from Genesis one . " and God create so and so and he looked it was good " That tells me there is an objective , hopefully it comes out good .
When you rise your children , you provide them with the best and hope they will come up as good citizen , but do they ? But as things you provide them a falling nett.

Back