Virii Evolution?

One more point, and then I'll drop it.

I'll use a different example to explain. We call carbon monoxide what we do, because there is one oxygen. Mono = 1. We call carbon dioxide what we do because it has 2 oxygens. Di = 2.

When we have one thymine, it's a monomer. When we have 2, it's a dimer. Where are these "e's" and extra "m's" coming from?

I'm done.

That is amazing...you had a discussion on this?Its Dimer off course...,You know Poly-Mer,Di-mer ...are you guys in College...

sorry if that offends...?!?

bye!

I just asked 3 college chemistry professors and I got:
Dr. Dvorak: "Dimer"
Dr. Sherrama: "Dimmer"
Dr. Gregory: "Dimmer"

Fetus!

dude! awesome!!! that means we are ALL right ..think about the implications of that! :D wwwwwwwwwwoooooooo

:D and, i just wanted to let all you guys know i love you with all (well, most) of my heart. :D seriously...i love(but, don't get all carried away) all the people that post on this message board. they are pretty a-ok. lotsa love here...can't you feel it?

now, onto the "dimers" ..ahem.. did you know there are other kinds...:D :p for example: pyrimidine dimer (which is my personal favorite) :D

gots to go. *kisses and hugs to all you science geeks*

In English when you have something end with a "s" and your referring to it as many (plural) ... then it is expectable to change the ending to "i"

Such as

"Look at those fetuses." would be better preferred as "Look at those fetii."

or

"The radiuses of all 4 types of USA coins are?” wound be preferable change to “The radii of all 4 types of USA coins are?”

This is what happens what you listen to your stepmother that happens to be an editor.

That statement would make more sense if it started out with, "In Latin..." In English, most people expect plurals to end in S. It's only smart-ass college graduates like us that make up plurals like "Kleenices" and "Hippopotamodes."

Watch those double I's. "Radius" has an I, so the plural has two. If the singular just ends in US with no I, then the plural ending is just one I. Even if we used the Latin plural for "fetus," it is still "feti", not "fetii". "Fetii" would be the plural of "fetius", whatever that is.

My favorite was coined by a professor: If the plural of "opus" is "opera," then the plural of "walrus" must be "walrera"!

thx for correcting my spelling... I'm not a good speller by the way ;) I don't see anything wrong with the "i" back to the main subject then.

Back