Vibrations

John99

Banned
Banned
The other day while listening to music with headphones on a cranked way up i noticed vibrations under my feet AND sometimes knocking.

Anyone else notice this phenomenon or anything remotely similar?

Umm, actually it happens pretty regularly. I think that possibly frequencies are syncing and er something else.

To add to that, it is enough for me to take the headphones of and thin WTF? Then i investigate but it is coming from below the surface. I am ussuming it is due to the vibrations of my eardrums traveling to uncover earthly vibrations.

Last edited:
The other day while listening to music with headphones on a cranked way up i noticed vibrations under my feet AND sometimes knocking.

Anyone else notice this phenomenon or anything remotely similar?

Umm, actually it happens pretty regularly. I think that possibly frequencies are syncing and er something else.

To add to that, it is enough for me to take the headphones of and thin WTF? Then i investigate but it is coming from below the surface. I am ussuming it is due to the vibrations of my eardrums traveling to uncover earthly vibrations.

No because I use these.....
electrostatic headphones

A thin, electrostatically charged diaphragm (typically a coated PET film membrane), is suspended between two perforated metal plates (electrodes). The electrical sound signal is applied to the electrodes creating an electrical field; depending on the polarity of this field, the membrane is drawn towards one of the plates. Air is forced through the perforations; combined with a continuously changing electrical signal oscillating the membrane, a sound wave is generated.

Typically electrostatic headphones are more expensive than dynamic, and are relatively rare.[5] In addition, a special amplifier is required to amplify the signal to oscillate the membrane, which often requires electrical potentials in the range of 100 to 1000 volts.

From Wiki.

Also...

Using headphones at a sufficiently high volume level can cause temporary or permanent hearing impairment or deafness due to an effect called "masking." The headphone volume has to compete with the background noise, especially in excessively loud places such as subway stations, airplanes, and large crowds. This leads to the disappearance of the normal pain associated with higher levels of volumes. Extended periods of the excessively loud volume is extremely damaging. Some manufacturers of portable music devices have attempted to introduce safety circuitry that limited output volume or warned the user when dangerous volume was being used, but the concept has been rejected by most of the buying public, which favors personal choice of high volume. Koss introduced the "Safelite" line of cassette players in 1983 with such a warning light. The line was discontinued two years later for lack of interest

It could be the headphones causing my feet to vibrate. The odd thing is my feet need to be flat on the ground and dont forget that there is the ocassional knocking.

I think there is some kind of electromagnetic oscillations, we need to find the root of this.

Hi shorty,

I mde a thread on it here:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=71712

For example, my forearm right near elbow will visibly beat, same for an area on my leg (by knee) on the fleshy area. I will just say for sake of argument that it is a muscle twitch...EVEN though it is not. It can happen anywhere, but i pretty much experience it in three or four location. I know this happens to other people, i cant believe no one else is aware of this...I just cannot believe it.

Sometimes I get weird muscle twitches too. Ever
have your one eye twitch? I get that every few months.

Yes, yes, yes SHORTY. The eye twitching is so weird, all of a sudden it starts. See that is what i mean.

If you want to try somehting really cool have someone massage your eyeballs. The only way to do it is have another person (preferably someone you love:eek:) use their thumb on one eyeball and middle finger on the other and use light circular motion. See what happens hten reprt back.

You cannot do it to yourself though, it works but nothing like when someone else does it.

That's not from listening to music, that's from watching to much TV or watching your monitor.

Sometimes during certain scenarios like when I’m watching a war movie and a explosion happens the muscle’s in my leg will twich (sometimes), or if I’m playing football and thinking about the next play.

Back