Very interesting point on rape…

I give psychotic killers more credit than rapists, but that is just me.:)
That's pretty weird. Clearly murder is a much, much worse crime than rape. I suspect that you would rather have a friend/family member be raped than killed. So why would you hate rapists more? Don't get me wrong, I don't have any love for rapists, but your priorities here seem a little off.

That's pretty weird. Clearly murder is a much, much worse crime than rape. I suspect that you would rather have a friend/family member be raped than killed. So why would you hate rapists more? Don't get me wrong, I don't have any love for rapists, but your priorities here seem a little off.

Murder is not clearly a worse crime. I really don't think so anyways. For example; you're who the girl WAS in character, she can never be the same person. Not to mention if she gets pregnant...in which you changed her entire life to looking at her child every day she remembers she was raped. Alternatively if she aborts...you caused her to murder.

Rape is, as I understand it, not just a physical attack. The victim faces constant fear. A revulsion to the sex act. Destruction of trust. Not to mention the frequent turning to illegal substances to 'handle' it. It is a lifelong psychic scar. Murder-The victim's life is ended. I guess I think of it as a form of torture.

I wouldn't give anyone who commits a violent crime any more credit than any other who commits a violent crime.
Horrible things happen to people & some get thru it better than others. Some victims tell others not to let it ruin their whole life. I just can't see 1 horrible incident taking over the next 20 to 60 years. The murdered don't have the next 20 to 60 years to even see if they can get thru it well.
Many things can lead to lifelong scars. 1X bad shouldn't overwhelm 4500X good.
Would you say about a specific victim it would've been better if they'd been murdered instead?
I don't mean to minimize rape & its effects but murder shouldn't be minimized either.
Murder can cause constant fear, lack of trust, drug abuse & lifelong scars too.

Back