Very Bad News for ISLAMISTS: 6 Million leaving Islam/yr (in Africa alone)

DoctorNO

Ultra Electro Agnostic
Registered Senior Member
6 million muslims leaving Islam every year in Africa alone. This was a according to an arab television interview of Al Jazeera...

http://www.aljazeera.net/programs/shareea/articles/2000/12/12-12-6.htm

Here is a translation of that article courtesy of an ex-muslim...

http://exmuslim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=972

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image_personal302_3.jpg
Ahmed Katani
image_personal2768_3.jpg
Maher Abdallah

• Ahmad Al Katani:

"Islam used to represent, as you previously mentioned, Africa’s main religion and there were 30 African languages that used to be written in Arabic script. The number of Muslims in Africa has diminished to 316 million, half of whom are Arabs in North Africa. So in the section of Africa that we are talking about, the non Arab section, the number of Muslims does not exceed 150 million people. When we realize that the entire population of Africa is one billion people, we see that the number of Muslims has diminished greatly from what it was in the beginning of the last century. On the other hand, the number of Catholics has increased from one million in 1902 to 329 million 882 thousand (329,882,000). Let us round off that number to 330 million in the year 2000."

Ahmad Al Katani:
    "My dear sir, among the plans to Christianize is to leak periodic numbers weekly, monthly and yearly and these statistics works as sedatives in the body of the community. Every now and then we hear in the media, whether television, radio or print that an African family has converted to islam, or members of a family have become Muslim or that a university professor has converted to Islam. These are all tranquilizer shots. For every muslim that converts to Islam, there are thousands that become Christian. We have previously mentioned the number of people that become Christian every year, every day and every hour, all these numbers make people think that matters are fine, that Islam is well, and the truth is the exact opposite."

Maher Abdallah:

"Our Sir, we lose 6 million a year and yet we have another problem. We will return to mechanisms of stopping this hemorrhage, but there is a mind set that controls many who are concerned about the issue of Islam in Africa; that is they try to transfer to Africa the problems of the Arab world, the Islamic concerns in the Arab world which are minor issues. They concentrate on small details like what to look for in certain religious innovations (heresies). For example, you can find a family where three quarters of the members have converted to Christianity, but the concerned Arab muslim will go to the only family member who remained muslim and judge him on some minor Islamic infraction. To what degree is there exaggeration in the previous statement?"

:cool:

Last edited:
So why are muslim africans & arab-africans transfering their allegiance? Is it because christian & pagan missionaries are taking advantage of their poverty?

Or is it because the starving muslims are tired pleading to a god (allah) who cant hear them. And decides to try praying to a different god (YHWH)?

Probably a bit of both. Christian missionaries sometimes using tactics that end up forcing the people to convert... as in if the individuals want to have medical care, food, education, etc, then they must convert. That, combined with disillusionment results in conversions. I'd be interested to know what the conversion rate from christians to muslims are as a comparison.

I dont know about the christian missionaries, bells, but the tactic you mentioned seem to be the tactics used by muslim missinaries....

• Ahmad Al Katani:

As for us, all that happens is that a Muslim humanitarian organization provides some aid for a while as a result of some catastrophe, and I know tens of people like this who convert to Islam a result of the aid, but when the need is gone they revert back to Christianity or to paganism; meaning we are not organized.

The way to a man's loyalty is through his stomach. :D

• Maher Abdallah:

(Laughing) He has asked another question. He mentioned another point that the evangelist comes to Africa aided with a successful European image, so it is as though he is saying to the Africans “come join us. You have now joined the rest of the world”, whereas there is no grand Islamic image that could be considered attractive.

Ahmad Al Katani:

True, True. This is a correct saying and I really don’t have a response. I cannot say more than this.

Ahmad Al Katani:
    My honored sir, with all regret and pain we have failed in creating an upright muslim in the Arab nations. A while ago, the French newspaper “Le figaro” published a very strange and disturbing article which said that a wealthy Arab lost 85 million dollars in one night on the gambling tables and that’s not all. He even gave the waitresses a one million dollar tip.

We did not create an upright muslim. In England there is an association called “Mecca” and I repeat the name “Mecca” that is a gambling house. It has 135 branches all over England and the majority of its customers are Arabs. We did not create a muslim who can be considered a good example in our own Arab lands, so how can we do this in foreign lands? We live in a tragedy my sir, I swear by Allah we are living in a tragedy.

LOL!

What a load of bullshit...this interview was done with someone who has no knowldge about what is going on in Africa, let us suppose what he is saying is true, the interview was held in 2001, now we are 2004, which mean 24 million muslims have left Islam by now !! WHY CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES SITES DONT TALK ABOUT THAT ??????? WHY THERE IS NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE ABOUT THAT ( DOCUMENTRIES FOR EXAMPLE ) ?? BECAISE IT IS ALL LIESSSSSSSSSS :D

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

[spam removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, Who really cares if the numbers of muslims are on the rise....Personally, I like a less crowded heaven, I don't want to share my apples and mangos with others and I certainly don't want to be united with the same people that annoy me, so for all I'm concerned, I hope all people leave Islam already.

Proud_Muslim said:
What a load of bullshit...this interview was done with someone who has no knowldge about what is going on in Africa,
Read the link my friend. The guy was the president of a muslim missionary school in africa.

Proud_Muslim said:
let us suppose what he is saying is true, the interview was held in 2001, now we are 2004, which mean 24 million muslims have left Islam by now !! WHY CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES SITES DONT TALK ABOUT THAT ??????? WHY THERE IS NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE ABOUT THAT ( DOCUMENTRIES FOR EXAMPLE ) ?? BECAISE IT IS ALL LIESSSSSSSSSS :D
Maybe you just missed them. I myself have seen a documentary in A&E channel last year admitting the huge converts to christianity from Africa. Which is why the Vatican is contemplating on installing a POPE from african descent.

Proud_Muslim said:
Islamic Britain lures top people
Sunday Times 22 February 2004
MORE than 14,000 white Britons have converted to Islam after becoming disillusioned with western values, according to the first authoritative study of the phenomenon.
Plain misinformation. See you could not even provide a link. Because its all hoax my friend.

Proud_Muslim said:
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/649424.asp
According to Karen Armstrong in order for her to sell her book and make more money $$$.

Proud_Muslim said:
-BBC: Thousands of Asutralia's Aboriginals are converting to Islam:
http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2902315.stm
Just a thousand converts from the whole aboriginal population. Pathetic isnt it?

Proud_Muslim said:
-Islam is spreading so fast in Mexico:
With just 15 converts?

Proud_Muslim said:
NEW YORK TIMES: ISLAM ATTRACT THOUSANDS DRAWN BEFORE AND AFTER 9/11

Islam: The Next American Religion?
A couple of converts dont make much difference. The fact is muslims are still only 6 million in america.

Maybe Islam is growing a little bit faster than christianity because of muslim birth rate and islam's violent intolerance to apostacy. But still christianity owes some of its growth from muslims who found the courage to leave islam.

Christians are leaving christianity to become athiests and agnostics. While boosting its numbers from the muslim population.

You know what that means? It means both christianity and Islam are losing to secularism.

From Muslim => Christianity => Secularism. :D

And the seculars are a lot tougher to convert. Because we dont just buy into myths, legends, and rumors. Just because mohammad claimed to be a prophet doesnt mean that he is. Just because some texts say that Jesus performed miracles doesnt mean it really happened. We seculars need solid evidences. Eh?

DoctorNO said:
Maybe Islam is growing a little bit faster than christianity because of muslim birth rate and islam's violent intolerance to apostacy. But still christianity owes some of its growth from muslims who found the courage to leave islam.

Christians are leaving christianity to become athiests and agnostics. While boosting its numbers from the muslim population.

You know what that means? It means both christianity and Islam are losing to secularism.

From Muslim => Christianity => Secularism. :D

You have a very strange prespective on your assessment of loosing and winning....Let me ask you this?
- In a horse race, if everyone bid on the winning horse, then who is the winner and who is the looser? No winners, all loosers.

So what if Islam loses 6 million a year, it gains a hell of a lot more. and anyway, ALL religions lose numbers in massive amounts. in fact the one suffering the most is Judaism which has lost 5% of its population in 10 years Islam has gained the most!!!

and also do you know why we are losing these people in Africa? it is becasue the Red Cross and other Christian organiztions are going there and giving food to the starving people and setting up churches. these people then convert, knowing nothing about Christianty.

also, if what you say about Islam losing 6 million a year is true then that just makes Islam an even faster growing religion!!!! becasue this means it population growth is filling in the gap and growing even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flores said:
You have a very strange prespective on your assessment of loosing and winning....Let me ask you this?
- In a horse race, if everyone bid on the winning horse, then who is the winner and who is the looser? No winners, all loosers.

No religion has the apparent edge here. Not Christianity. Not Islam. Not whatever. So the real losers are the ones imprisoned in a specific mindset that is a factor in prohibiting them from enjoying life to its fullest.

DoctorNO said:
No religion has the apparent edge here. Not Christianity. Not Islam. Not whatever. So the real losers are the ones imprisoned in a specific mindset that is a factor in prohibiting them from enjoying life to its fullest.

I don't think you got my drift, it's not about prohibition from enjoying life, it's about betting on yourself and yourself alone. When you bet on yourself and rely on yourself only, you win all and loose nothing. The more you share you bet on others, the more you dilute your earnings, the more you rely on chance, the bigger risk you have for loosing yourself.

One must be imprisoned in a specidif mindset, but this specific mindset must belong totally to that one.

Preacher_X said:
So what if Islam loses 6 million a year, it gains a hell of a lot more.
If muslims can give a figure against them (like the 6 million figure they lose in africa per year) then why cant anyone give a figure that is for the muslims. Figures that gives estimated yearly growth rate of islam?

Are we all being decieved here?

• Ahmad Al Katani:
    "Every now and then we hear in the media, whether television, radio or print that an African family has converted to islam, or members of a family have become Muslim or that a university professor has converted to Islam. These are all tranquilizer shots. For every muslim that converts to Islam, there are thousands that become Christian. We have previously mentioned the number of people that become Christian every year, every day and every hour, all these numbers make people think that matters are fine, that Islam is well, and the truth is the exact opposite."

If the "fastest growing" thingie was really just empty words then all its doing is scare more people into working against the spread of islam.

Preacher_X said:
and also do you know why we are losing these people in Africa? it is becasue the Red Cross and other Christian organiztions are going there and giving food to the starving people and setting up churches. these people then convert, knowing nothing about Christianty.
But as the interview says, muslims are doing the same strategy too...the feeding and humanitarian methods. but after feeding the people the new converts to islam reverts back to christianity or paganism.

Preacher_X said:
also, if what you say about Islam losing 6 million a year is true then that just makes Islam an even faster growing religion!!!! becasue this means it population growth is filling in the gap and growing even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quantity but no quality. add more babies to already starving muslim populations and you get disaster in return.

Flores said:
I don't think you got my drift, it's not about prohibition from enjoying life, it's about betting on yourself and yourself alone.

Are you saying that each person should make their own interpetation of life & spirituality? That puts an end to organized religion?

(DoctorNO) And the seculars are a lot tougher to convert. Because we dont just buy into myths, legends, and rumors. Just because mohammad claimed to be a prophet doesnt mean that he is. Just because some texts say that Jesus performed miracles doesnt mean it really happened. We seculars need solid evidences. Eh?
Conversely, just because there is no solid evidence of miracles that happened thousands of years ago except for written accounts, doesn't make the miracles "myths, legends and rumors" If we go forward 2000 years, there will be no 'solid' evidence that we existed other than written accounts (If we do anything worth writing down), but that doesn't make us a myth or a legend. To me it's not that easy to ignore that someone who died 2000 years ago in a small country in the middle east, is now a tangible presence to 2 billion people all over the world.

luuk said:
Conversely, just because there is no solid evidence of miracles that happened thousands of years ago except for written accounts, doesn't make the miracles "myths, legends and rumors" If we go forward 2000 years, there will be no 'solid' evidence that we existed other than written accounts (If we do anything worth writing down), but that doesn't make us a myth or a legend. To me it's not that easy to ignore that someone who died 2000 years ago in a small country in the middle east, is now a tangible presence to 2 billion people all over the world.

Archeology my friend. Archeology and all the modern scientific tools at its disposal.

As a member of an evangelizing Catholic church I can tell you that the numbers of converts to Catholicism from Africa and Asia are so huge that we are beginning to bring bishops from both continents to Western Europe and North America to re-Christianize the Christians.

This is no joke, the devout from that part of the world are actively working among the wealthier Christian countries to bring people out of their cynical and materialistic lives and back to the Church. It is a strategy which is slowly but surely starting to bear fruit.

I don't think you got my drift, it's not about prohibition from enjoying life, it's about betting on yourself and yourself alone. When you bet on yourself and rely on yourself only, you win all and loose nothing. The more you share you bet on others, the more you dilute your earnings, the more you rely on chance, the bigger risk you have for loosing yourself.
God does not want you to gamble or bet your life away, much less your soul, which I believe is stealing from yourself.

Probably a bit of both. Christian missionaries sometimes using tactics that end up forcing the people to convert... as in if the individuals want to have medical care, food, education, etc, then they must convert. That, combined with disillusionment results in conversions. I'd be interested to know what the conversion rate from christians to muslims are as a comparison
I think that would be a mortal sin. I see no reason the conversions in Africa are not genuine.

I see alot of people saying there's no evidence for miracles but this depends on what you call evidence. There are a few miracles where the doctors will say "extraordinary cause."

Back