Vegetarian/Nonviolence/Kosher ethics

Then, we should find out more benefits from veg. foods. One more factor can be there, effects on mental & physical health. Few people can be more physically active but less active mentally and vice versa. Can veg./non-veg food do that esp. sometimes excess iron is considered as neuro-degenaratiove and pursuer of many diseases.

The fact is sad but true, its easy for anyone to de-humanise (or in this instant de-animalise?) when it suits them.
Unfortunately people can always invent a reason why compassion shouldnt be applied.
This does render the majority of human behaviour non-sensical.
You can see this in xenophobia/racism: 'humans have every right to a happy and full life. Oh but not black people theyre sub-human and dont count'
Now im sure EVERYONE on this forum thinks thats stupid. The larger truth though is that we all behave this way to varying degrees.
'I believe in non-violence, but yes i will take that extra pork chop that was brutally killed, animals arnt included in my non-violence ideology you see...they dont count!"
Its really that easy.

lightgigantic said:
The point is that the quality of compassion is nurtured by a vegetarian outlook - you may be compassionate to a greater or lesser extent but if you adopt practices that cultivate the quality of compassion then it stands to increase - an obvious way to cultivate a quality is to be attentive in all circumstances where it appears - like for instance if you just "turn off" in reagards to animal slaughter you miss out on an opportunity to operate on a more compassionate level of performance.
You may appear compassionate by supporting the local economy, but you could also be a drug dealer by the same logic - in other words wisdom consists of making the distinction between long term and short term benefit
Brilliant post :)

Back