US cops v US ambo's

umm dude, if they need to be defibed then THEY ARNT GETTING UP AT ALL. They are clinically DEAD

Personally, I think the cops should have 105mm howitzers mounted on the patrol cars. Don't chase the crimials, just blow the fuckers straight into hell ...and don't bother with those silly-assed trials that'll just let them right back out of jail.

Let God sort 'em out! :D

^^

oh so you mean are only talking about this particular specific made up scenario? thats different.

i doubt it, its a danger to the paramedics as well as usless for the pt. If your asking WHY i said it look at joe's post, he is the one who said that when he used to do that work that the he would have pts who were critically injured OR DEAD that the cops handcuffed and that compromised his treatment

its doubtful that a critically injured or close to death person would remain in hand cuffs but joes personal experience may be very isolated and limited.

It's amazing to me that some people should be otherwise so intelligent, but unable to think through simple propositions when their alternative is arbitrary, petulant opposition.

Isn't it though? Similar to what happens when you mention the word "god" in the presence of otherwise intelligent and rational people.

^^

oh so you mean are only talking about this particular specific made up scenario? thats different.

What post are you referring to here, John? Just letting you know that it is very unclear, or I am misinterpreting the context, or just don't get it, or... ... something... :confused:

its doubtful that a critically injured or close to death person would remain in hand cuffs but joes personal experience may be very isolated and limited.
Doubtful, remain, may be... Are you actually asserting anything here John? Or just covering all the bases?

Randwolf concidering the time stamps on the 3 posts im assuming hes talking about my post:p However your right, a quote or at least a name would have made it more clear:p

I'll just point out how silly I find it that police tapes should be shown as entertainment, . . .
it's called pandering to humanity's bloodlust.
you see this sort of stuff everywhere, peoples fascination with car wrecks for example.
. . . yet somehow the precious cops should be held as beyond reproach for whatever actions those tapes reveal.
who's holding cops beyond reproach?
It's amazing to me that some people should be otherwise so intelligent, but unable to think through simple propositions when their alternative is arbitrary, petulant opposition.
no, what's amazing is how everyone seems to be an armchair cop, and a good one too! :rolleyes:
That said, the issue is, of course, more complicated than any one wild-chase scene might suggest.
and the thing that complicates the matter is that it's highly unlikely that anyone responding to this thread was an actual witness.

question for you tiassa, have you ever been treated by a cop the way these clips depict? be honest.

the major reason, i believe, that cops have such a hard go of it is the simple reason that none of us is innocent. we all are guilty of some minor, trivial BS.
what's you first reaction to a cop arriving on the scene?
wonder what happened?
wonder who's going to jail?
and since no one is innocent it starts a natural defense from people.

maybe because the cop car had firearms in it?
a car can indeed be viewed as a deadly weapon, and seeing as the person refused to stop the first time mitigates the cops actions.

aren't people allowed to carry firearms and drive cars though? running from the cops and stealing a car doesn't give cops the right to shoot you.

jason bourne bashed people with newspapers, if someone runs from the cops and is carrying a newspaper, should they shoot them too?

aren't people allowed to carry firearms and drive cars though? running from the cops and stealing a car doesn't give cops the right to shoot you.
the circumstances surrounding the aforementioned issue dictates what constitutes force. since i wasn't there and i have not read any verifiable information i can not say whether the cop did or did not have "the right" to use deadly force.

jason bourne bashed people with newspapers, if someone runs from the cops and is carrying a newspaper, should they shoot them too?
i could imagine scenarios where the cop would have a right to.
for example, jason was busted 15 times for carrying sawed off shotguns in rolled up newspapers and had a rap sheet a mile long.

cops do not shoot you for "just carrying a newspaper"

I've always wondered about a high speed chase in a city large enough to have a police helicopter. With one of those to follow the car, why bother with the high speed chase?

Because a helicopter can't actually stop the car, nor can you easily stop the helicopter to get out and pursue the perp on foot.

Do you actually think before you ask questions?

the circumstances surrounding the aforementioned issue dictates what constitutes force. since i wasn't there and i have not read any verifiable information i can not say whether the cop did or did not have "the right" to use deadly force.

cops do not shoot you for "just carrying a newspaper"

I'm not saying in that actual situation, but in the situation described by the article, where the suspect is only guilty of running from the police and stealing the car. of course its possible the suspect started throwing knives at the officer, or screamed 'die pig die' while accelerating towards him, that would warrant a shootout.

the point i was trying to make with the newspaper thing is that even a newspaper can be deadly, so saying 'well the car he stole can be used as a weapon' is poor justification for shooting him. it'd set precedent for shooting anyone in a car. yes its a cop car and might have guns in it, but americans can carry guns anyway (right?), whats to say he hasn't had his twin gold plated desert eagles holstered under his jacket the whole time?

mate if your talking about what i posted he was reversing AWAY from the cop the whole time. you could see the cop in the police cars video camera and its unlikly to have been edited because those are time stamped and the time never jumped from the time the guy was standing there cuffed while the copper walked to the front of the suspects car till the officer opened fire. the guy made no threatning moves, just stole the car and reversed off.

as for screamuing "die cop, die" who cares even if he did? words arnt enough to qualify for deadly force

as for screaming "die cop, die" who cares even if he did? words arnt enough to qualify for deadly force

if he was driving straight at the cop (as suggested) while he screamed it, i would think it fair enough for the cop to shoot. i'd be trying to get out of the way while i shot though lol.

otherwise i agree with you, car theft doesn't warrant getting shot.

Last edited:
Back