Unicellular beings are programmed

What about viruses? They are not cells, yet they still exist and procreate themselves. They are also programed to survive are they not?

You are right they exist but without the mechanism of a cell they DO NOT procreate. In other words a virus is a meat ball , I don't believe it have a program for cooperation , or discrimination .

You are right they exist but without the mechanism of a cell they DO NOT procreate. In other words a virus is a meat ball , I don't believe it have a program for cooperation , or discrimination .

Anyway you want to look at it, the virus does have a system to replicate itself. It utilizes both DNA and RNA, and that's the same programing that cells use. I think that fits into the theme of this thread "Unicellular beings are programmed"

How Viruses Infect Cells

The basic process of viral infection and virus replication occurs in 6 main steps.
1.Adsorption - virus binds to the host cell.

2.Penetration - virus injects its genome into host cell.

3.Viral Genome Replication - viral genome replicates using the host's cellular machinery.

4.Assembly - viral components and enzymes are produced and begin to assemble.

5.Maturation - viral components assemble and viruses fully develop.

6.Release - newly produced viruses are expelled from the host cell.

Viruses may infect any type of cell including animal cells, plant cells and bacterial cells. To view an example of the process of viral infection and virus replication, see Virus Replication: Bacteriophage. You will discover how a bacteriophage, a virus that infects bacteria, replicates after infecting a bacterial cell.

Back