ufo encounters of the military kind

Ivan, what do you think the possible origin of some of these sightings are? Let us go in depth on these NSA documents...

Originally posted by Xevious
Ivan, what do you think the possible origin of some of these sightings are? Let us go in depth on these NSA documents...

I am going to take some time and try to write a synopsis of this phenomenon - from my point of view. The short answer is that after 25 years of interest in this subject, I don't know what the hell I think is going on. I think there is a real and unexplained phenomenon behind some reports. I think the range of possible explanations for this span the spectrum; from very earthly explanations to unimaginable ones.

What do you all see as the range of possible explanations?

everything reasonable (a ufo is not speculated to be a pancake) simply because the question is too general. a specific incident such as the belgium flap could have one of two explanations.

1- manmade: this seems unlikely but yet is cannot be ruled out. i am not privy to the r & d of the various orgs involved in this to say anything with certainty. the question here is how isolated can, say, the general academia be from a top secret research project? for instance, the stealth bomber; was what they were doing so revolutionary that there were not other similar research taking place elsewhere? wouldnt a radar gun manufacturer research the same shit that the stealth people did albeit perhaps with less resources? what about the atom bomb? what kinda secrecy was involved there and was the general academia left without a clue? the way i imagine shit to happen is some freak pursues a line of study, the defense establishment notices, locks shit up and moves to an undisclosed location after swearing all the players to secrecy (as seen in the movies). i find it unlikely that revolutionary shit can be kept a secret simply due to the collaborative nature of scientific research and advancement

2- et: rule out the 1st, you are left with this. a necessary corollary would be to accept that life/sentience is possible offplanet. here i can let my mind run riot (years of scifi novels)

On the non-manmade line of thinking, perhaps we should consider other possibilities besides ET... forms of life in our atmosphere, or phenomenon like Ball Lighting. Remember, not every unexplained UFO may have the same source. I remember an old book from the 1960's which proposed that UFO's were extraterrestrial, but the UFO itself WAS the ET... that the ship itself was a living organism.

speculating on lights in the sky and determining nature and source is tough.
way too many variables . i wouldnt even bother. i demand metallic stuff at low altitude!

:D

THat's fair enough... but before we can discuss, we need to start settling on specific cases. I'll wait a bit longer for Ivan Seeking, but if he doesn't answer in a few days, I'll begin.

Back