UFO Case: The Mysterious Marfa Lights

Yep Hans, these are the kinds of cases that make me wonder too. Unfortunetly, people try to debunk stuff like this along with anything else they just can't explane. Cases like this show the difference between a "skeptic" and a skeptic.

Thing is, all these things are mixed; For instance it sure looks like most of the Marfa sightings are indeed headlights on a distant road. The trap for debunkers is that SOME of the sightings may be something else, and, of course, the trap for believers is to believe in everything. You simply have to be critical of everything.

Then, of course, some believers will say "hey, you're just a sceptic", but I'll have to live with that. I'd be as thrilled as most of you for any sustainable evidence of UFOs, ETs, ghosts, Miracles, etc. But I've been disappointed too often. Scientifically minded people may be overly sceptic, but most still keep an open mind. Unfortunately, the believer's camp is a little too full of people who will buy ANYTHING.

Hans

I'll hand you that, Hans. Yes, it's true SOME of the lights mistaken for Marfa lights are the highway headlights. I'll hand you that one. There is also a signal tower in that area which has a very strong mercury-vapor light. There is also some small aviation traffic in that area.

It takes an eye for sorting that out, and patience to take a look at it. It also takes multiple visits (I have been three times at least by now), and preferably a willingness to stay out late. That skeptic was back in his hotel room before 11. I was there until 3AM.

Back