Two questions

Keep shooting at children, Tony

Ah, Tony ... it's not so hard to take. Once you realize that you haven't a clue, you can be like that portion of your fellow humans who are comfortable with the idea that there is much left to learn, and look forward to the adventure. It seems to me that being Christian consists, at its best, of trying not to piss anyone off while waiting to die. At it's worst, well ... I'll let you fill in the blanks. Just write anything.
I dismissed you as too Catholic.
In other words, your inability to empathize--in this case, look at the points that lead one to their position--has led you to dismiss a person according to your own negative stereotype of brethren in faith. Such a cockeyed psychological process tells me it might be envy of your Catholic neighbors that compels you to speak so poorly of them.
If they share my beliefs about Catholics, why would they be preaching Catholicism?
My guess would be that they read the Bible differently from you. It might be that they have not heard compelling enough arguments to change their faith assessment; it might be that they're reading differently than you. Whereas you seem to oppose the idea because it's Catholic, they seem to accept the idea because it's what it says in the Bible. If you have a problem with that, take it up with Chick Ministries. E-mail them and tell them that they're leading millions a year to Satan.

Oh, and tell them why, too. They'll probably get the best belly laugh out of that that they've had since the first time they thought they were funny.
Sure we have.
And we both apparently agree that eternal torment in fire is a myth, assuming that's what you're talking about.
At last! Okay, now ... yes, it's a myth. But, it also happens to be something that drives many, many Christians who are not also Catholic, unless they happen to disagree with you. Your confessed and demonstrated lack of empathy has created the condition whereby you hate Catholocism so much that you would rather diminish people for not rejecting ideas merely on the basis of their association to Catholocism, as opposed to raising them from the errors of their faith. You'd rather have them think they're being shot at, as I recall. This, of course, works for propagandists of your sort because, as the propaganda goes: There's no atheists in foxholes. Keep those children under fire! You're doing a wonderful service for God :rolleyesL
It should be quite easy to quote a few verses concerning eternal torture in fire if that were in the Bible.

If you actually have anything, just post it.
For the nth time, Tony, why bother if you're just going to dismiss it as the same justifications the Catholics use? You've got a problem, though, since they use much of the Bible to justify Catholocism. After all, you still haven't shown me what's left of the Bible when we get rid of all the Catholic justifications.

But just because you can't understand the information does not mean that it isn't there. You should read your Bible, and you should read it with the specific assumption in mind that no, you are not the only person in the world capable of "understanding" the Bible. Stop behaving as if you were.

--Tiassa :cool:

Javier said:
First,if Christ is going to judge all at the end of time,then Heaven and Hell are void of human souls,so where are the souls now?

Second,imagine a serial killer in an alley lurking to a good guy to kill him;there is a cop nearby who didn t see the psycho:
Would God help the cop to realize the situation?
Would the Devil help the killer?
If the good guy dies,he goes to Heaven,getting lost for the Devil,who would prefer him to survive in order to corrupt his soul in the future;but if the cop kills the bad guy,he goes to Hell,and Satan wins...
so if all is about winning souls for Heaven or Hell,the job of each other God and Devil,is to protect the other party s members to convince them,and to interfere with the other s work in protecting HIS OWN fans...

Don`t problem that my friend.

Back