True or False time machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't take the time to read all the rest of the posts but it's not possible to travel back in time before the time machine was created. Read some stephen hawking sometime.

Actually thats a theory based on if a machine was the creator of a time conduit since the only accessible areas would be during the conduits existance, however there is a theory that such conduit creation can be "arranged" through other dimensional manipulations, which means you could appear where a conduit didn't exist because it exists elsewhere. However a full explaination will just seem too scifi.

kmguru said:
I wonder if a time machine can be simulated in a computer where a simcity is running....
why, not? what would really be hard though would to have time travel in a networked multiplayer game.

Actually I'm sure I mentioned this before, I might of said it as "Boxes in Boxes".

I think originally it was worked out that Nanotechnology would suffer from nano's running at high speeds. It was following relativity in the sense that for you to see yourself as a little nano, and both yourself as the large being you are and the nano were to walk the same "ratio" in distance. The Nano would appear to move faster (although the speed would be relatively the same)

My statement of "Boxes in boxes" was looking at if you were to take a virtual representation of the world around us in the form of sensory arrays like radio frequency antennas you would have an exact representation that is both scaled down, behind the large in time and Faster in existance.

This would mean a day in the virtual version would be in scale with the size of your own world to that of the one existing inside the box.

Again the statement of "Boxes in Boxes", the theory was that the Scan of the universe to make the virtual "Microcosm" would also include a copy of it's virtual self, making even smaller existing universes within itself.

There are then areas that you could look further into, afterall can you image something similar to a feedback relay, where you move something with your finger in the virtualworld because the weight that you beared was very little, but the event carries up through the smaller worlds into the larger (In certain respects this is how I think "Fate" would be dictated), which means you could move mountains or the inverse would be to control things to absolute subatomics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back